Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

All my colleagues being upgraded to F. Why? [corp deal upgrades]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All my colleagues being upgraded to F. Why? [corp deal upgrades]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by London Dude
That's Goldman Sachs. I think MS in the UK has BA as its preferred carrier.
Both points correct. GS has a very long-standing deal with AA. Friends at Goldman hate it, even though they usually fly in First.

Lehman paid even less for flexible C returns to New York on UA when they flew directly there, and I think a similar amount to GS on AA (i.e. around £900). (There was an all-too-short period of bliss when all staff were allowed to take EOS.) With deals like that as the norm, you can see why firms might be reluctant to switch to BA and pay £2500 a throw.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:13 am

Working for one of the big banks aforementioned in this thread, bought a flexible J ticket LHR-JFK today for 2.3K for travel on Sunday, return on Friday and have received a confirmed upgrade to F on the return sector. Seems the promotion is still ongoing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.