Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shop at e-store for 500 bonus BA Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA,SPG
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
How long do they take to show up in purchase history? Sods law I bought a laptop from John Lewis last week (first purchase through eStore)and nothing is showing after the lappy has been delivered..I know my Quidco account shows purchases a lot faster.
Don;t hold your breath - I bought a laptop from dabs via estore last year and the miles never showed.

I sent a couple of emails but heard nothing.

Quidco on the other hand has been excellent the few (4) times I've used it ^
Old Jun 16, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Raffles
... in which it wouldn't be rocket science for BA to scan my account for e-store purchases and then not send me the e-mail in the first place!
In the mysterious world of e-store that would be beyond rocket science.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Cuthbert
Don;t hold your breath - I bought a laptop from dabs via estore last year and the miles never showed.

I sent a couple of emails but heard nothing.

Quidco on the other hand has been excellent the few (4) times I've used it ^
We do a lot of shopping through the estore and although they can be slow and we do send a few chasing emails the majority of things get posted and we have had no missing miles that we are aware of since it started.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
I wouldn't make any major purchases on the back of this

If your purchase isn't justified without the bonus then don't count on any points from this offer to make it so. I made a purchase in response to the previous offer ...

"... if you start collecting BA Miles with any of the partners below, before 8 June, you will receive a bonus of 500 BA Miles for each new partner that you use"

My purchase was with one of the e-store partners (first time I had used e-store). The purchase was on 28 May and the item arrived within a couple of days. However, my transaction conveniently posted to BA miles on 18 June and showed a transaction date of 14 June - it had been a pending transaction in e-store for the full two weeks.

I've been in touch with BAEC and as far as they are concerned the transaction date shown on my BAEC account is the one that applies, despite the fact my "Shopping History" on e-store shows the correct date. So basically, e-store partners can sit on the points for several weeks before processing the points transaction so that they never have to pay out on the bonus.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lhr baby
I've been in touch with BAEC and as far as they are concerned the transaction date shown on my BAEC account is the one that applies, despite the fact my "Shopping History" on e-store shows the correct date. So basically, e-store partners can sit on the points for several weeks before processing the points transaction so that they never have to pay out on the bonus.
The same happened to me except the transaction date on BAEC was two weeks before the date of purchase and therefore I missed out on a double miles promo.

These people are a bunch of rouges and it seems BA are quite happy to let them get away with these practices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.