FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Shop at e-store for 500 bonus BA Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/965298-shop-e-store-500-bonus-ba-miles.html)

Paralytic Jun 16, 2009 8:20 am

Shop at e-store for 500 bonus BA Miles

Just received this - it's quite ambiguous though; it doesn't make it clear if its for the first purchase with the e-store ever, or the first purchase in the period specified.

Its not clear if its targeted either. I last purchased from the e-store on 15 May.

Dear Paralytic,

For a limited time only, we've got a special summer offer for you.

Spend over £50 on your first purchase with eStore and you can earn 500 Bonus BA Miles to put towards a weekend break or even an upgrade.

From Debenhams to Dixons, Waterstones to PC World, the White Company to Play.com, there are over 120 high street shops online for you to visit and find exactly what you're looking for. All from the comfort of your living room or office.

This offer is in addition to the BA Miles you can earn just for buying online at eStore. You could earn up to 12 BA Miles for every £1 you spend, depending on where you shop. And all the BA Miles you do earn will be automatically added to your account. The 500 Bonus BA Miles are available on your first purchase over £50 made between 16 June and 16 July 2009.

If you want the best brands without traipsing the high street, why not visit eStore today?

bananacake Jun 16, 2009 8:22 am

BMI have a similar offer at the moment..

has anyone found any good bargains that justify the £50 spend...

bafan Jun 16, 2009 8:24 am

Originally Posted by bananacake (Post 11915824)
has anyone found any good bargains that justify the £50 spend...

I use the estore all the time - John Lewis is part of it, so why wouldn't you ?!

malkie Jun 16, 2009 8:26 am

I received something similar in early May for new partner purchases within e-shopping up until June 9th (or so).

I actually received a bonus 500 miles for converting TESCOs clubcard vouchers, and subsequently spent a few quid at HMV and on ebay to try and secure further bonus miles.

There was no (apparent) minimum spend on the email I received.

I commented about this in the tesco's thread....

Moomba Jun 16, 2009 8:27 am

Originally Posted by bafan (Post 11915838)
I use the estore all the time - John Lewis is part of it, so why wouldn't you ?!

Because it is run by a bunch of idiots who don't respond to missing miles requests if any of these bonus miles don't post.

I took up their double miles valentines bonus offer in Jan but the double miles never posted. I gave up asking for them after the third attempt. :rolleyes:

OPebble Jun 16, 2009 8:30 am

Scroll down to below James Hillier's sig.

Cannot have used eStore before. First transaction only over £50 between 16th June and 16th July. Miles added within 60 days. Must use eStore link from EC website and be signed in.

Paralytic Jun 16, 2009 8:34 am

Originally Posted by OPebble (Post 11915867)
Scroll down to below James Hillier's sig.

Cannot have used eStore before. First transaction only over £50 between 16th June and 16th July. Miles added within 60 days. Must use eStore link from EC website and be signed in.

Thanks, I can't believe I didn't read the T&Cs :)

Moomba Jun 16, 2009 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 11915890)
Thanks, I can't believe I didn't read the T&Cs :)

It also says 'your first purchase' in the second paragraph. ;)

edit: But that could of course be interpreted as first purchase during the promo.

Jenbel Jun 16, 2009 8:49 am

It should be pointed out that the VS offer (is there a theme? ;)) is 500 miles for £25... so slightly better value.

redsailor Jun 16, 2009 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Moomba (Post 11915851)
Because it is run by a bunch of idiots who don't respond to missing miles requests if any of these bonus miles don't post.

I took up their double miles valentines bonus offer in Jan but the double miles never posted. I gave up asking for them after the third attempt. :rolleyes:

I am missing miles from three purchases from December '08 and February '09 (one of which was also the Valentines promotion). I filled in the missing miles forms eons ago and, when I heard nothing telephoned and emailed BA. Still missing the miles, last week I emailed BA a letter which set it all out in what I felt were simple terms and of course what do I get back? The standard 'thank you for your email regarding missing miles, please fill in the missing miles form on the eStore web page' stock response, of course. Obviously no-one even bothers to take the time to read correspondence properly so I have emailed the letter again but don't hold out much hope. I think one of my miles shortfalls stems from the incorrect deduction of VAT - it seems, though I am not sure, that one February purchase amount was simply reduced by 17.5% to apparently account for VAT, which is not the way to calculate a net amount, nor was the correct rate even used!

I wouldn't mind so much if I suffered similar problems with other companies' customer service (then I would think it was just me :D) but recently I have had cause to email both Starwood and M & S customer service and in both cases my queries were answered to my satisfaction within 48 hours. I will PM Dilly with my case reference though I fear he has been swamped recently with eStore queries. Why is it BA just can't get a handle on this element of what is otherwise overall a great brand? The management of the eStore really lets them down and I feel that if they can't do it properly they shouldn't do it all.

Rant over - thank you for letting me vent!!

ba.com helper Jun 16, 2009 9:33 am

Hi,

I've asked about this offer and would like to confirm that it is only for those who have not purchased from eStore ever before.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Raffles Jun 16, 2009 9:52 am

Originally Posted by ba.com helper (Post 11916290)
Hi,

I've asked about this offer and would like to confirm that it is only for those who have not purchased from eStore ever before.

Kind regards,

Dilly

... in which it wouldn't be rocket science for BA to scan my account for e-store purchases and then not send me the e-mail in the first place!

Rickers Jun 16, 2009 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 11915981)
It should be pointed out that the VS offer (is there a theme? ;)) is 500 miles for £25... so slightly better value.

Yes, but it should probably be pointed out in the Virgin forum ;)

pommyboi Jun 16, 2009 10:14 am

Originally Posted by ba.com helper (Post 11916290)
Hi,

Kind regards,

Dilly

If we have had the email will we still get the 500 bonus miles?

I shop on the estore but have also had the offer (I'll still spend £50 and test it out)

jaguarpig Jun 16, 2009 3:18 pm

How long do they take to show up in purchase history? Sods law I bought a laptop from John Lewis last week (first purchase through eStore)and nothing is showing after the lappy has been delivered..I know my Quidco account shows purchases a lot faster.