Wiki Posts
Search

T3 Galleries - share your experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AY
T3 Galleries - share your experiences

Now that the official opening day of T3 Galleries Lounge has arrived, I thought I'd start a thread about the Lounge. Mods, feel free to merge or delete this thread if you think I'm wasting everyone's time...

We want to see photos! Not just the official ones we saw some days ago. Also, share your experiences (to the smallest detail possible - there's no such thing as too much information). I'll be travelling through T3 in less than two weeks, so I should be able to post some images then, but would love to see in advance what the lounge looks like.
Old May 11, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Premier Exec. .
Slightly OT but I am going through T3 in a couple of weeks time on a JAL ticketed and JAL metal flight to Tokyo.... I intend to use the BA Lounge as I find the JAL Lounge very poor (even the First Class one).

I assume I will be able to use the BA Lounge?
Old May 11, 2009, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bolgerp
I assume I will be able to use the BA Lounge?
Theoretically yes, as the Galleries Club is a oneworld lounge. However, the signage outside the lounge has the logos for BA, Qantas, Iberia and Finnair only. Will be interesting to see if you're allowed in - please report back!
Old May 11, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: MUCCI
On the basis of open doors for golds, quite apart from the oneworld lounge dimension, it would be shocking if you were not allowed in.
Old May 11, 2009, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Genius1
Theoretically yes, as the Galleries Club is a oneworld lounge. However, the signage outside the lounge has the logos for BA, Qantas, Iberia and Finnair only. Will be interesting to see if you're allowed in - please report back!
Did not notice you were BA Gold, bolgerp. So yes, as David-A says you should be allowed in no problem.
Old May 11, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Genius1
However, the signage outside the lounge has the logos for BA, Qantas, Iberia and Finnair only. Will be interesting to see if you're allowed in - please report back!
The signage outside the T3 lounge is simply because it is the main lounge complex for QF/IB/AY who do not have their own lounges in T3 but pay BA to provide lounge access for their customers. This is seperate from the OW agreement on lounge access and as such does not affect the ability of other OW passengers to use the lounge.

Other OW carriers have their own lounges and as such you will not see AA/CX etc branding on the Galleries Club as it is not their main lounge.
Old May 11, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
I'll be there about noon on Wed on my way to MAD. Will report back.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by OPebble
I will also be in the lounge on Wednesday, travelling with my wife to BCN on the 14:50. Looking forward to the change of scenery and also trying out the OW access (on my last hurrah as a gold), when she goes shopping. Will of course post the results.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Will be there next Thurs. and will give it a go

(OW Emerald in J on a departing AA flight, so who knows...but might as well try)
Old May 11, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Anyone got any further details on whether the rumour is correct that QF will be opening a F/Emerald lounge in T3 later this year when the move from T4 occurs?
Old May 11, 2009, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Anyone got any further details on whether the rumour is correct that QF will be opening a F/Emerald lounge in T3 later this year when the move from T4 occurs?
I thought it would a GF rather than a separate lounge.
Old May 11, 2009, 2:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Indeed, rumours of QF opening and operating a T3 First/Emerald lounge came to nothing. BA will be adding a Galleries First and Elemis Travel Spa later this year when the Kangaroo services move over from T4.
Old May 11, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by OPebble
What is your MAD travel pattern? I guess we both go there a lot but our paths never cross. For me it is usually flying out on Friday night (occasionally Thursday night; very occasionally Saturday morning) and returning on Monday afternoon.

My next trip is the end of next week - far too late for my T3 Galleries report to be of much interest.
Old May 11, 2009, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AY
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
My next trip is the end of next week - far too late for my T3 Galleries report to be of much interest.
You might have a chance with 360 degree panoramic shots... Seriously, take photos if you can - as much as written reports are appreciated, I think that photos speak a thousand words.

Last edited by speedymac; May 11, 2009 at 3:27 pm
Old May 11, 2009, 11:46 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
What is your MAD travel pattern? I guess we both go there a lot but our paths never cross. For me it is usually flying out on Friday night (occasionally Thursday night; very occasionally Saturday morning) and returning on Monday afternoon.

I normally fly out mid-week every 4 weeks. I have the FT yellow tag on my bags, so come and say hello if you spot me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.