Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Krispy Kreme doughnuts through T5 Security

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
II am a Glaswegian and I have never had a deep fried Mars Bar in my life neither has 99.9% of the population of Glasgow.....it's all a myth.
Interesting...one of my hall mates in my first year at uni loved deep-frying all sorts of things after a night out drinking (he brought his own deep-fat fryer to college...don't ask).....mars bars were especially popular. He was Welsh, though....
Old Mar 7, 2009, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
I for one have never had a deep fried sweet. I know a place on Dumbarton Road in Partick (Lena's beside the Police station) that does not do deep fried Mars Bars, but he will do a deep fried Bounty! Euck!
Old Mar 7, 2009, 7:25 am

Can't speak for T5 but I had an issue at LGW about 2 years ago when my airline purchased a few boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts to serve to pax waiting on a delayed flight. Our duty manager tried to take them through security and was stopped. The matter was then escalated to the Zulu One who ruled that :

a) Donuts without filling were ok to transport.
b) Donuts with filling would be considered containers of liquid/gel/paste.
c) Krispy Kreme would need to certify that the quantity of filling was less than 100ml per donut.
d) We would then need to place each donut with filling in a plastic baggie and declare them seperately for screening.

We swapped the boxes of donuts with filling for plain glazed ones and had no further issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.