Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 2:49 am

I'm guessing the bonus points offer wasn't taken off the system until the lower price was supposed to kick in (16 July), but due to the lower price loading early a few lucky punters will have got both. Anyone else tested this today? More importantly, any chance Tesco will try to claw back points from purchases on 15 July? After all, ignoring those of us interested in miles, the pure cash value of the points made the Cava £2.49 - or -51p if you were to use the "double your vouchers" offer that's on currently. Can't see Tesco paying people to take Cava off their shelves for long
Old Jul 16, 2009, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
I went into Tesco on the way home last night. I only bought 2 bottles on this deal previsouly, when the bottles were at £11, as I felt it was overpriced. However, 300 points for £5.49 was too good to miss.

There was only 9 bottles left on the shelf (5 Brut, 4 Rose), so i nabbed them all. Working out the price, including the 5% discount for buying more than 6, i grabbed another couple of items to take me over the £50, so i'd get the 5 points per litre petrol voucher (Scotland).

I paid for everything, took my receipt and started heading back to my car. However, i noticed that the total was under £50 - the guy at the desk had only charged me for 8 bottles!

So, I gained £5.49 by that mistake, but lost out on 300 points on that "free" bottle, plus another 300 for the missing petrol voucher (60 litres). That's £12 in Tesco vouchers, or 1440 BA miles!

I am wrong to feel hard done by? Who would have gone back and said "I've been undercharged, can i have my points and voucher please"
Old Jul 16, 2009, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by sixela73
Anyone else tested this today?
Not personally but from hearing other experiences, it's not still working today (i.e. £5.49 a bottle and the 300 bonus points).

Originally Posted by sixela73
More importantly, any chance Tesco will try to claw back points from purchases on 15 July?
No. Any points on your receipt from yesterday are pretty safe now.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: BA
I noticed this deal on £5.49 + 300 points on the PTS forums. I bought two bottles on the way home last night - they were labelled on the shelf as still being £10.99 + 300 points, however they rang through the till at £5.49.

It was an enjoyable trip as I needed washing powder tablets and washing up liquid (domestic joy!), and both my regular brands had bonus points.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:10 am

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Oh no ! I have local competition !

QUOTE=CMoller;12071831]I just bought 14 bottles today at the new lower price and got all of the sweet, sweet miles

It's about time I found a good offer like this, was starting to seriously dig into my miles as recently I've found that both trying to get flights for a family of four to go to Nice in a couple of weeks time and a very short notice flight to Copenhagen last month were prohibitively expensive without the use of miles. I just hate spending them that way as we all know they're so much more valuable as MFUs.

Oh, should perhaps point out I cleared out Tesco Surrey Quays in the process...[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
There was no mention of any points on the half price Cava when I looked today. Plenty of Vina Sol in though with the extra 150 CCP.

The Walkers Baked crisps are actually "Buy 2, Get an extra 50 points" according to my receipt (BUY2 BAKED/SUNBITE G50CCP).
Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:12 am

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Tesco systems including checkouts tend to update after 11pm so any found glitches will be removed hence no points after this time
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by xenole
There was no mention of any points on the half price Cava when I looked today. Plenty of Vina Sol in though with the extra 150 CCP.

Did test purchase of Cava this afternoon - no points
Old Jul 16, 2009, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Hurry! Last chance to collect Clubcard points shock horror

'Hurry! Last chance to collect Clubcard points' was the heading on Mrs Roger's e-mail from Tesco. Heart palpitations all round.

Of course, they didn't mean it - the message went on to say:

We thought that it might be helpful to let you know that you only have 10 days left to collect Clubcard points towards your August statement. Any points collected up until Sunday 26th July* will be converted into vouchers which you'll receive next month.

What's more, look out for fantastic points promotions in-store and online to make boosting your points even easier.
Here are just a few ...

followed by a link to the some of the numerous current points offers http://www.tesco.com/superstore/fram...Content.asp%20
(not so long as in http://www.supermarketspecialoffers....intOffers.aspx ).
Old Jul 19, 2009, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
hi,

I think it is time to go shopping today for some;

Teabags
All purpose descaler
and some wine!

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 19, 2009, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi,

I think it is time to go shopping today for some;

Teabags
All purpose descaler
and some wine!

Regards

TBS
Ive been for some aftershave/perfume and crisps !
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:22 am

I think I've just won the SW London heat of Supermarket Sweep (or whatever that programme was called) - I went down the A3 to the New Malden Tesco thinking it closed at 5pm today but as I was going in an employee was telling everyone that they closed in 10 mins (they close at 4 on a Sunday!). I dashed to the wine area first - grabbed a few (15) bottles some beer - all with the extra points of course - made my way back via the dried pasta, bacon and cheese, eventually emerging 20 mins later with 2496 points. Nowhere near as much as some of you but not too shabby. Oh and I bought toilet rolls and tissues with no extra points.

None of the Havana Club Especial as far as I could see.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 12:47 pm

That's the great thing about the points in store promotions; lots of points on things you buy normally with no worry about what to do with 85 packets of confetti! I've come away several times felling really pleased with the points total having just bought ordinary things. Twenty five bottles of cava is ordinary spend to me, we drink it all the time.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
The tesco mobile/ O2 promotion points ahve now posted. I was shocked that the marmite, hellmans and other products made such a huge impact in my account. This is the best Tesco quarter I have ever had. The wine points have helped as well.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, Virgin Silver, BMI Blue Plus, Iberia
Tesco petrol vouchers

Not content with buying vast quantites of Vina Sol and Cava in the last few weeks and amassing thousands of Clubcard points, I have been getting petrol at Tesco in my quest to move further to the front of the plane!

Currently there is a 5 clubcard points per litre offer, however I have still to have the extra points posted. The petrol station receipt awards only the standard point per pound, though it does state clubcard voucher used. Has anyone had their extra points awarded yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.