Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA sale starts Tuesday

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by matthewuk
from what I can see, all the other destinations (SYD/RIO/NYC/YVR for example) are booking the domestic add-ons for £60 r/t AND they book into J

Wonder if this is a bug (for CPT/JNB) or a feature of the fare rules?
It's not just question of the charge for the domestic add-on: Netflights will do simple LHR-CPT in WTP for £855, BA sale price is £957.

Shop around!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Thanks for pointing this out... I'll take a look tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Trying to book LHR-JFK in September in WT+ and get same error, infant is same price as adult...
Old Dec 25, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Platinum 2M; BMI Gold, Leading Hotels Leaders Club, Hilton Honors, Starwood
How do I find out which fare classes the BA website is booking my tkt in?

Is there any way of knowing on the BA site what class the fare actually is, when it is being booked in WTP for a LHR-JFK flight? Are all WTP fares eligible for TP and miles or just W, E and T? Is there a danger of ending up with a class in WTP which doesn't qualify?

Any help as to how I can see the class the ticket is booked in would be much appreciated indeed.

Thanks guys!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you go to the confirmation, click on the flight number. This will open a pop up which includes the fare class. Not that this is a concern for you as all WT+ flights are TP earning.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Globaliser
In case it needs saying any more clearly: The "BA sale" being talked about here (which is an annual event) is an ex-UK sale in economy and WT+.
I don't think that is quite true. If you go to the BA UK website, but select a country on the continent as your departure country (France, NL, etc.) then you get the same cheap price. And it is also for Club and presumably First. I just booked a super cheap trip to LA in CW. Only €2800!
Old Dec 26, 2008, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
I'm a bit surprised not to find a specific Club Europe sale after Christmas, as there was in November. I guess the sale in Nov must have been a success if they don't need the extra bums in Club Europe in Jan/Feb. Yet I've always presumed the after Xmas sales were generally the best offers during the year.

Trip 1 to BCN I booked in November, saving £50 on what I would have paid today had I waited (comparing R class to R class).

Trip 2 to TRN might have to go down the back if there is no hope of a CE Sale in the next week or two? (R class is still available, but wasn't discounted in the last sale anyway)
Old Dec 26, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't think that is quite true. If you go to the BA UK website, but select a country on the continent as your departure country (France, NL, etc.) then you get the same cheap price.
That could be because the fare is constructed from the ex-UK sale fare plus an add-on fare to wherever you are starting from. Or it could be that the ex-EU price is simply lower

In the first case, watch out, as the website usually displays incorrect fare conditions, being the fare conditions for the EU to London flights, not for the London long-haul ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.