Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is my baggage on the flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
So horses check in online these days do they Sorry couldn't resist it!
Beat me to it

And I was going to add something about the number of them knocking around the lounges in T5 disguised as lampshades as well.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
you should be at the airport, ideally, 2-3 hours prior to departure)
Eh, 2-3 hours?

If the OP has any sense and he doesn't have lounge access I'd follow the BA guidelines and check-in as late as possible.OK 45 mins is pushing it a bit but I guess if BA stipulate check-in closes 45 mins before departure they should also guarantee you are able to make it to the gate within that time.....as long as you don't linger before security that is.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 6:54 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Sorry to hear about your unhappy experience with BA, jobevers, it really is quite a good airline once you get into the air.

It's only the management on the ground making these batty decisions - they'd be more suited to running an abbatoir or a prison. (LATE! 24 hour penalty! SEATS? you'll sit where you're told!)

I'm sure your story is replicated many times a day, not allowed to board even though there's heaps of time to spare and the thing didn't even leave on time anyway.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by harryhv
Sorry to hear about your unhappy experience with BA, jobevers, it really is quite a good airline once you get into the air.

It's only the management on the ground making these batty decisions - they'd be more suited to running an abbatoir or a prison. (LATE! 24 hour penalty! SEATS? you'll sit where you're told!)

I'm sure your story is replicated many times a day, not allowed to board even though there's heaps of time to spare and the thing didn't even leave on time anyway.
To be fair to BA, if you don't abide by the advice given to you,one has to pay the penalty.....end of story.

Once through security you can do all the lingering you want as long as you get to the gate on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.