Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA J seating on a RTW ticket, holding AA gold card.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2008, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Hey chaps,

I have just booked my self and Ms. 747-444 a DONE4 ticket and one of the flights is on BA. I entered my booking details on the BA site and I can not select my seat, it merely advises getting to the airport early to get seats.

It is 1 longhaul, JNB-LHR then LHR-BRU-LHR.

Also what is the arrivals lounge like in terminal 5 or is it outside of the terminal?

Can I get a pre-assigned seat if I call BA or is my only chance at check in?

Is there something wrong with the website?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi 747-444,

Pre assignment of business seats on BA is only open to full fare pax or those who are OW Emerald or Sapphire members ( for AA it would be Plat & Expplat status).

AA Gold ( Ow Ruby) unfortunatly does not give you preassignment of seats. you will need to wait until OLCI opens. ( ie 24 hours prior to departure)

Sorry

Regards

TBS

PS The arrivals lounge at LHR T 5 is landside but there are showers ( by the Elemis Spa) in the Galleries Lounges in T5
Old Dec 13, 2008, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Argh which means her and I will most probably get the lower deck which is always filled with plonkers. Last time I had to put up with some tool who was in a suite and moaning about the fact people fly in tracksuits, which I was in. There was not one free seat for me to move to. Eventually the seat broke and they moved him and I fortunately got a staff member next to me who was much more pleasant.

P.S. what is a RTW ticketed as, C class?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 3:52 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by 747-444
Argh which means her and I will most probably get the lower deck which is always filled with plonkers. Last time I had to put up with some tool who was in a suite and moaning about the fact people fly in tracksuits, which I was in. There was not one free seat for me to move to. Eventually the seat broke and they moved him and I fortunately got a staff member next to me who was much more pleasant.

P.S. what is a RTW ticketed as, C class?
The first letter in your RTW product is the booking class - A for first class, D for business, L for economy, thus DONE4 = business class, 4 continents.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
The first letter in your RTW product is the booking class - A for first class, D for business, L for economy, thus DONE4 = business class, 4 continents.
They told me with a D ticket I can pre reserve, hence I thought it was C class as I know J is full fare.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747-444
They told me with a D ticket I can pre reserve, hence I thought it was C class as I know J is full fare.
Who is "they"?
The BA Website indicates that only J/C booking codes (for business) are eligible for pre-assignment based on fare class.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
That assumes it is a OneWorld (i.e. xONEx or xGLOBx) product in the first place. There are a few other RTW products out there that book in different fare buckets.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
He did say he booked a DONE4 in his original post...
Old Dec 14, 2008, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Who is "they"?
The BA Website indicates that only J/C booking codes (for business) are eligible for pre-assignment based on fare class.
They being the BA call center, the same people who refused to let me speak to a consultant about my RTW itinerary, who then refused the routing it despite AA accepting it. The BA service in South Africa is beyond a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.