FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA J seating on a RTW ticket, holding AA gold card. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/898881-ba-j-seating-rtw-ticket-holding-aa-gold-card.html)

747-444 Dec 13, 2008 3:04 pm

BA J seating on a RTW ticket, holding AA gold card.

Hey chaps,

I have just booked my self and Ms. 747-444 a DONE4 ticket and one of the flights is on BA. I entered my booking details on the BA site and I can not select my seat, it merely advises getting to the airport early to get seats.

It is 1 longhaul, JNB-LHR then LHR-BRU-LHR.

Also what is the arrivals lounge like in terminal 5 or is it outside of the terminal?

Can I get a pre-assigned seat if I call BA or is my only chance at check in?

Is there something wrong with the website?

The _Banking_Scot Dec 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi 747-444,

Pre assignment of business seats on BA is only open to full fare pax or those who are OW Emerald or Sapphire members ( for AA it would be Plat & Expplat status).

AA Gold ( Ow Ruby) unfortunatly does not give you preassignment of seats. you will need to wait until OLCI opens. ( ie 24 hours prior to departure)

Sorry

Regards

TBS

PS The arrivals lounge at LHR T 5 is landside but there are showers ( by the Elemis Spa) in the Galleries Lounges in T5

747-444 Dec 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Argh which means her and I will most probably get the lower deck which is always filled with plonkers. Last time I had to put up with some tool who was in a suite and moaning about the fact people fly in tracksuits, which I was in. There was not one free seat for me to move to. Eventually the seat broke and they moved him and I fortunately got a staff member next to me who was much more pleasant.

P.S. what is a RTW ticketed as, C class?

Gardyloo Dec 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by 747-444 (Post 10903182)
Argh which means her and I will most probably get the lower deck which is always filled with plonkers. Last time I had to put up with some tool who was in a suite and moaning about the fact people fly in tracksuits, which I was in. There was not one free seat for me to move to. Eventually the seat broke and they moved him and I fortunately got a staff member next to me who was much more pleasant.

P.S. what is a RTW ticketed as, C class?

The first letter in your RTW product is the booking class - A for first class, D for business, L for economy, thus DONE4 = business class, 4 continents.

747-444 Dec 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo (Post 10903293)
The first letter in your RTW product is the booking class - A for first class, D for business, L for economy, thus DONE4 = business class, 4 continents.

They told me with a D ticket I can pre reserve, hence I thought it was C class as I know J is full fare.

ijgordon Dec 13, 2008 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by 747-444 (Post 10903318)
They told me with a D ticket I can pre reserve, hence I thought it was C class as I know J is full fare.

Who is "they"?
The BA Website indicates that only J/C booking codes (for business) are eligible for pre-assignment based on fare class.

Traveloguy Dec 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo (Post 10903293)

That assumes it is a OneWorld (i.e. xONEx or xGLOBx) product in the first place. There are a few other RTW products out there that book in different fare buckets. :)

KD5MDK Dec 13, 2008 11:45 pm

He did say he booked a DONE4 in his original post... ;)

747-444 Dec 14, 2008 2:58 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 10903559)
Who is "they"?
The BA Website indicates that only J/C booking codes (for business) are eligible for pre-assignment based on fare class.

They being the BA call center, the same people who refused to let me speak to a consultant about my RTW itinerary, who then refused the routing it despite AA accepting it. The BA service in South Africa is beyond a joke.