Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slightly OT: LHR virtual strip search?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Anyway - who cares? Or would you miss the pat-down Poppet?
Thankfully I never get patted down, only the wife wears the jewellery in this house.........Now if it were a female patter downer I would certainly be up for that especially at EZE - they're stunning. I would always make sure I had a lump of metal in my pocket before flying. ^
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:32 am

Programs: QFF SG, EK, EY Silver, SQ Gold, SPG, PC Plat RA, AŚClub Platinum, Hertz 5*

Anyway - who cares? Or would you miss the pat-down Poppet?
I for one most certainly would! when travelling back and forth constantly, you have to get your thrills, no matter how cheap, from somewhere!

I recall an incident flying back out of Beijing a couple of months ago, when having bleeped going through the scanner (and I should explain at this point that it was my belt with large metal buckle at fault, necessary because all I had left that was clean was a rather baggy pair of jeans) a very attractive young Chinese lady took it upon herself to do the frisk search, then finding my large metal buckle, decided to give it a good tug (if you'll pardon the phrase). Thankfully I managed to get my arms down from where I was doing my best tree impression before I displayed too much in the way of manly goodness, but needless to say there was much hilarity from the young lady in question along with her (mostly female) colleagues.....
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:22 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Priceless! Whatever the thread there are always wonderful stories to be told.

There you are HIDDY - best get yourself off to China - here's hope for you yet!!
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:52 am

Programs: *A, BAEC -Gold
'Cameras never lie'

You know what they say :

'Cameras never lie' I hope they only show my best bits
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:31 pm

Priceless! Whatever the thread there are always wonderful stories to be told.

There you are HIDDY - best get yourself off to China - here's hope for you yet!!
Been several times but can't recall getting frisked at BJS.

I did have my inside leg measured by a girl in the Pearl Market once - at least I think that's what she was measuring as her hand tended to wander as I looked on in wonder.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 2:49 am

Programs: QFF SG, EK, EY Silver, SQ Gold, SPG, PC Plat RA, AŚClub Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by HIDDY

I did have my inside leg measured by a girl in the Pearl Market once - at least I think that's what she was measuring as her hand tended to wander as I looked on in wonder.
Getting frisked at PEK was probably a one time special offer on at the same time as the Olympics. You've probably missed that one now, unless you ask very nicely!

Hmmm, they do get a little "over friendly" in the Pearl Market don't they? I've been in there 3 or 4 times and on one particular occasion I had decided to exit the bargaining when one particular stallholder refused to budge on her price, and she *ahem* manhandled me somewhat (eventually managing to grip my arm instead to try and prevent me from leaving). At least until I yelled at her to let go.

(I was going to put a crack in about how to be sure about what the young lady in question was measuring for you, simply by seeing if she was holding a tape measure or a micrometer, but I feel that that would have been uncalled for as a new poster on this forum)
Old Oct 28, 2008, 2:53 am

What was she measuring you for? Were you buying a coffin??
Old Oct 28, 2008, 3:00 am

If it was for a coffin, it wouldn't have been a real one in the Pearl Market. More fakes than an american beauty pageant.^
Old Oct 28, 2008, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by 2muchplastic
If it was for a coffin, it wouldn't have been a real one in the Pearl Market. More fakes than an american beauty pageant.^
Fakes?

Whatever gave you that idea 2muchplastic?

My stuff all had genuine labels on them. ^

No dear I got one of them in Cairo......got a good price on a second hand one.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 6:03 am

Fakes?

My stuff all had genuine labels on them. ^....
At least you got genuine labels. My colleague was highly disappointed to find that the Breitling watch he paid 100RMB for was quite possibly not genuine, in fact the closest it had been to Switzerland was that the guy who made it was eating a Toblerone while he worked.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 6:18 am

Fakes?

My stuff all had genuine labels on them. ^

No dear I got one of them in Cairo......got a good price on a second hand one.
You didn't buy it off Phil the Fryer did you? I hope that you did not pay for it?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 6:32 am

You didn't buy it off Phil the Fryer did you? I hope that you did not pay for it?
Yep he's the seller, he said it was a genuine one made one thousand years ago for some Pharaoh called 'Prop' from a place called 'raidersofthelostark'.True to his word it's all written on the bottom of it. ^

I unfairly used to call him Phil the Lyer as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.