Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is the front row in CE reserved for Gold only?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the front row in CE reserved for Gold only?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2008, 5:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
I think the reclining issue is quite important. It can be very irritating if the person in front of you reclines their seat very early in the flight, especially before and during the meal service. And of course it is their right to do so. Hence I quite like Row 1 and take the aisle seat to allow me to stretch my legs.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
1C/D is where it's at. No idiot reclining in to you, no need to get up if 1A or 1EF want to get out to the lav, no bulkhead issue as you can stretch your legs in to the curtain area (just be mindful to move them briefly if the trolley is coming so you don't get in the way of the crew), first off (save for the old 'sorry, it's a Domestic gate at T1 tonight' type rubbish ) and served first (save for the useless, annoying crews who completely ignore the defined service standards, don't do their job properly and begin service at the rear ). Oh, and a nice Champagne tray (aka bassinet) on most planes too. On balance, 1C or 1D is definitely where I want to be! And thanks to the policy, I can mostly get them too.

(Except on the LGW 737s where I always take 2C, rendering me immune from the last minute 734 switcharoo game).
Old Aug 23, 2008, 6:44 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by OPebble
Not silvers and on busy routes it can be more than 1st row. e.g. FRA > LHR on the 909.
Have to say..... during my time as a Silver, I always had access to row 1 on all CE flights that I have taken and all well before 72 hours .....including MUN, MAD, OSL, CDG and others ..... just thought I would throw that in if it helps anyone

Cheers

MS
Old Aug 23, 2008, 7:47 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
first off (save for the old 'sorry, it's a Domestic gate at T1 tonight' type rubbish )
Another exception is a 757 at MAD where the jetty drivers always attach to door 2L! You can always tell the cognoscenti in CE as they stand facing the rear much to the puzzlement of any great unwashed when the curtain is in the front cabin and ET have snuck into the lower numbered seats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.