FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Is the front row in CE reserved for Gold only? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/858130-front-row-ce-reserved-gold-only.html)

waytogo Aug 22, 2008 5:38 am

Is the front row in CE reserved for Gold only?

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't remember the current situation...
Are the front seats shown as blocked on Expertflyer reserved for Gold’s only, or Silver as well?

G-BOAC Aug 22, 2008 5:40 am

Yes ^

Smirnoff Aug 22, 2008 5:53 am

Golds, Emeralds, and anyone on the same booking as a Gold/Emerald.

And available to everyone that has access to advanced seating at around 72 hours before departure.

OPebble Aug 22, 2008 6:45 am

Not silvers and on busy routes it can be more than 1st row. e.g. FRA > LHR on the 909.

Cyba Aug 22, 2008 8:11 am

Front row is reserved for golds...

...except when those golds are on the LHR-BUD BA operated flight but booked on the Malev code in which case..."computer says no".:mad::mad:

Dambus Aug 22, 2008 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff (Post 10242417)
Golds, Emeralds, and anyone on the same booking as a Gold/Emerald.

Although it may take multiple calls before you find an agent who knows how to reseat a non-Gold/Emerald accompanying pax. Perseverance will pay off eventually! :)

waytogo Aug 22, 2008 10:38 am

Cheers!

Urban Sun Aug 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Personally I never select row 1 in CE as the leg room doesn’t seem quite as good as row 2 and further back since you can extend your legs under the seat in front.

OPebble Aug 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Urban Sun (Post 10244951)
Personally I never select row 1 in CE as the leg room doesn’t seem quite as good as row 2 and further back since you can extend your legs under the seat in front.

Provided you pick the aisle seats you can stick your legs out a lot further than row 2 and rearwards. Mind you you have to watch out for out of control trolleys! ;)

Another much bigger advantage is that there is nobody in front to recline their seat into your lap.

TravellerFrequently Aug 22, 2008 4:34 pm

Even as a Pleb Gold, I always seem to have availability to row 1. I upgraded my Y ticket to I class at T5 for my flight back to DUS on Sunday and row 1 AC were still available for selection.

Swanhunter Aug 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Urban Sun (Post 10244951)

1C and D are fine for a short hot (I'm 6 ft) but feel quite cramped on a long sector i.e. ATH. 2C is much nicer on that sort of route...or 27A which is much, much more comfy.

KD5MDK Aug 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by waytogo (Post 10242376)
I know this has been discussed before, but I can't remember the current situation...
Are the front seats shown as blocked on Expertflyer reserved for Gold’s only, or Silver as well?

I believe they allow Premiers as well, but am not certain. :p

meeshi Aug 22, 2008 11:55 pm

xxxxx

328 Aug 23, 2008 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 10245810)
1C and D are fine for a short hop (I'm 6 ft) but feel quite cramped on a long sector

Different bulkheads on different aircraft seem to extend different distances into the cabin, but I'd agree that it's generally risky to sit in row 1 if you are longer of leg. I think I best saw these seats described as 'more knee room, less leg room'.

There's seldom bag space above row 1 either - which can be a pain if the cabin is full and you are late boarding.

Anothersuitcase-anotherhall Aug 23, 2008 4:26 am

Originally Posted by 328 (Post 10247397)
Different bulkheads on different aircraft seem to extend different distances into the cabin, but I'd agree that it's generally risky to sit in row 1 if you are longer of leg. I think I best saw these seats described as 'more knee room, less leg room'.

There's seldom bag space above row 1 either - which can be a pain if the cabin is full and you are late boarding.

So why does everyone seem to want to bag these seats? the only good thing would seem to be no one to recline in your face, other things such as stretch room (I'm 6ft), bag space would seem to outweigh this. Sure you can get off the plane 10 seconds earlier than row 2 but, IMHO, these are probably the worst seats in CE. Is it a big DYKWIA moment, if you get 1A? :D:D