Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the best incorrect credit you have had?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the best incorrect credit you have had?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dgwright99
Never post anything anywhere on teh web that you would not want used against you by a client/by a customer/by a supplier/in court/etc.
Indeed, or e.g. future prospective employer. Just remember that a few simple google searches could find a lot of information. As well there are several services dedicated to storing copies of historical web pages, so even if you remove the offending item it may still be searchable....
Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Prospero
To be fair to ourselves, the recent amendment to TP earning rates on BAH-DOH-BAH runs was not undertaken as a result of chatter on FT. BA has in place sophisticated systems that allow it closely track route/pax telemetry. The BAH-DOH-BAH route had for a long time appeared as a significant spike on BA's scopes. There are other routes in the network where BA is aware of 'abnormal' patterns but it has so far decided not to act on them.
You mean where there are more passengers than expected, or more passengers paying for premium cabins ...? Obviously that has to be stopped
Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by NSFU
You mean where there are more passengers than expected, or more passengers paying for premium cabins ...? Obviously that has to be stopped
As I understand it, a wildly disproportionate level of individuals fleeting back and forth in quick succession, booked in premium classes.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 3:29 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Can't understand why they'd want to stop it, though. Surely the holy grail for an airline is to have an FFP that makes people take unnecessary flights at premium prices on their own metal.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Mr H
Can't understand why they'd want to stop it, though. Surely the holy grail for an airline is to have an FFP that makes people take unnecessary flights at premium prices on their own metal.
The problem was that you would have F packed with MR trippers on the BAH-DOH-BAH sectors for £200 making it impossible to sell the far more lucrative full fare F ticket DOH-LHR costing up to 20 times more. So even if the cabins are quieter now the yields are now presumably higher.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 4:40 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Why? It's trivial for the right people to work out who you are if you post enough relevant info. Especially if you use the BA97 calendar too. If 'they' want to find out who you are, it's a piece of piss for them based on snippets of info. about your travel patterns. I rather think in most cases 'they' don't care (and have no reason to) and have better things to do! If 'they' want to, TDKWYA though!

I can recall a couple of threads where someone has posted about some massive problem/grievance and someone from BA has intervened to resolve the issue, and the OP has posted to that effect afterwards.
That was a bit of a selective quote G-BOAC . I didn't challenge that they CAN find out who you are, of course that is pretty straightforward. I was merely surprised that they WOULD. Like you say why would they care and make the effort. I guess only if something illegal has taken place it is justified, otherwise I would consider it highly unprofessional from any company to contact anyone in this manner.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 4:42 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by brightstar100
That is exactly what happened. In my post, I described a flight the previous morning to Lyon in CE where I had observed the Purser facilitating the theft of some CE mugs for some off duty French crew members, after upgrading them.

Evidently, BA were not happy about this, so what did they have to do to find out my identity?

1. Look at the very finite number of flights between LHR and Lyon, the previous morning
2. Look for one with a female purser (it was a "she")
3. Look for one with off-duty French crew travelling on
4. Look at my BA status on FT profile

I was the only Gold cardholder in a very empty cabin. So, very easy to work out.

BA security called me up. Tentatively and politely tested whether I was the person. Asked if I stood by my post. I said I did. Asked if I would put it in writing, which I did. And evidently some action was taken.

So, yes it does happen. And if that isn't evidence that this forum is closely monitored, I don't know what is...
Thanks for detail. I didn't challenge they could, just that they would. But as possilbe theft was involved maybe it makes sense. Still surprises me though.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jplondon
Still surprises me though.
Yes, when I picked up the phone at my office and it was BA, I was extremely surprised/shocked - even more when they proceeded to ask if I posted on FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.