Wiki Posts
Search

Using Qantas Business Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Post Using Qantas Business Lounges

Hi, i am woundering if anyone can aswer me a question?

I am flying CW, LHR - SIN - SYD, i then have a QF flight to Cairns departing from T1 International Terminal, will my CW inbound allow me to use the QF business lounge as i am flying in ECO on the last leg. ( I have booked the QF leg on my own, not through BA)

Your help would be much appriciated^^
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:31 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by martyn0610

I am flying CW, LHR - SIN - SYD, i then have a QF flight to Cairns departing from T1 International Terminal, will my CW inbound allow me to use the QF business lounge as i am flying in ECO on the last leg. ( I have booked the QF leg on my own, not through BA)

Your help would be much appriciated^^
Will depend on your status if they apply the rules strictly. If you ask really nicely, they may allow you in, but there is no guarantee.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by martyn0610

Welcome to FT, martyn0610!

Yes, Oneworld rules entitle you to use the lounge:

Customers flying in Economy class on the domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling the longhaul segment.
It would be a good idea to take a print out of the rules with you, in case the lounge dragon is not familiar with this particular rule.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by nbevan
Yes, Oneworld rules entitle you to use the lounge:
If the SYD-CNS leg is on the same ticket as the LHR-SIN one then I'd agree - but it seems the SYD-CNS leg will be on a seperate ticket thus I think it's technically a no.

Putting my English language pedant hat on I'd say that the use of 'the' in 'Customers flying in Economy class on the domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight' suggests said segment to be a part of a bigger thing rather than as an addition to something that 'a' would suggest.

But than again - OW rules seem clear in terms of allowing bags to be checked through in such a situation?

At which point I will decleare to be not sure and plead for someone who's actually done this to chime in!

Welcome to FT btw martyn0610!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:16 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Qantas tend to be fairly laid back in interpreting these sorts of rules - I think you will be fine.

Dave
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by phillipas
If the SYD-CNS leg is on the same ticket as the LHR-SIN one then I'd agree - but it seems the SYD-CNS leg will be on a seperate ticket thus I think it's technically a no.

Putting my English language pedant hat on I'd say that the use of 'the' in 'Customers flying in Economy class on the domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight' suggests said segment to be a part of a bigger thing rather than as an addition to something that 'a' would suggest.
While I don't find anything in the words to support this interpretation, it does mean that the OP will need to show his associated CW BP to gain access.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
thanks for the quick response guys you advise is much appriciated, doing this on sun 10th aug so will post how i get on.

thanks for the warm welcome
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Further to nbevan's suggestion of printing the ow page, I'd print this page from QF's own website: Qantas Club Lounge Access.

International Business oneworld customers
International Business Lounge: Business customer can access lounge on day of departure of a oneworld flight.# No guest.
Domestic Business Lounge: Business customer can access lounge on day of departure if travelling on a Qantas domestic flight, connecting to or from a oneworld flight.# No guest.
# next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld Airline Members operated and marketed flight.Note: a oneworld marketed flight refers to a flight with a oneworld flight number, eg QF1 or AA222. A oneworld operated flight refers to the actual aircraft or 'metal' on which you fly, eg Finnair aircraft.

Although technically you'll be flying International Economy, you've arrived International Business and clearly the intent is to grant you lounge access when connecting to a domestic port.

BD
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:28 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
martyn0610, you have PM.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.