Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time in First lounge @ Gate 10, T4

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club (Gold), Mariott (Silver), Kimpton (Global program), Priority Pass
Smile First time in First lounge @ Gate 10, T4

Just ticked over Gold last month so today got to try out the newly reopened Gate 10 First lounge for the first time today (I'm here now actually). Sadly there weren't any gold plated taps and mountains of drugs available (perhaps that's in the Concorde room?) but it's certainly a lot more serene and tranquil than the rather busier Gate 1 Terraces. A spot of lunch (sandwiches, quiche, salad) went down rather well, although the coffee machine is out of order.

As it's somewhat smaller than the Terraces and with little in the way of insulation, it's not quite as quiet as it could be. The distance between the "Mobile-free zone" and people yapping away at volume is too little to be effective, for instance. The highlight today though has far and away been the Elemis spa, which I also experienced for the first time today. Being a slightly lanky pax (6'2) I went for the back massage. The spa itself is a little odd, sort of somewhere between a hotel lobby and a dentists' waiting room, but the therapist was excellent, especially after I'd given her clearance to "go deep" (fnar fnar). Did an excellent job on my spine, shoulders, and neck; the treatment room had a lovely smell and they were playing some relaxing hippyish music in the background. I suspect she was doing something slightly alternative at the end (Reiki?) as she was doing some sort of brushing motions I seemed to remember from somewhere or another...

Came back to the lounge to sink into a deeeeeeeep chair and will be ready to fly shortly. Although I love the idea of the arrivals lounge, most times I just want to get home ASAP. If I'm ever going straight back into work though I would definitely get another Elamis treatment post-flight.

Right, off to the states for a whirlwind tour of the East coast (hopefully without any actualy whirlwinds...)

DocW
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Better late than never in trying out a 'new' T4 lounge.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: EY Platinum
When I had the Elemis back treatment it felt like he was grinding his elbows into my soul.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by csdf
When I had the Elemis back treatment it felt like he was grinding his elbows into my soul.
Ah a "light" treatment then!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Silver, IHG Plat (I'Con Ambassador), Marriott Plat (and a mortgage I get no use out of!)
Originally Posted by csdf
LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.