Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You First - New Service when flying in F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:10 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Could somebody please PM me the email address for You First as I'm currently out of the country and want to try and avoid an expensive call to the UK?

Many thanks,

tom139
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:27 am

Programs: MUCCI
The email states it is a trial for FIRST customers. It doesn't mention that it is only for the select few.

If they were really intent on having it for the select few then they could check when you call against your BAEC number.

I don't see the problem.

FD
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:15 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
I can now confirm that you can book the Cabanas, quite a while in advance, by phoning 'You First'.

I just did so and got a confirmation of that it is booked, for a outbound flight in December. ^

bjorns
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Also just booked a Cabana for Monday afternoon, lady at You First made a quick phone call & called me back 5 minutes later to confirm it was booked.

Very good service. ^

Must remember my tool kit for the AC though.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by tom139
Could somebody please PM me the email address for You First as I'm currently out of the country and want to try and avoid an expensive call to the UK?

Many thanks,

tom139
Ditto, I would love to have the E-mail address also.. Thanks for any help,
Cheers
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:57 pm

May I please get their number and email please. A little strange I didn't get the email as I have 3 First bookings coming up and am a Gold Member.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Silver, Delta, Continental, Marriott, Starwood
It isn't to do with worry over whether or not it is a restricted service, even if it is. It is plain and simple inverted snobbery, you feel you are special and you are not about to share that with any of us. This is not Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory and the hunt for the golden tickets. I ask because I am a first class passenger and naturally wish to ease my family through the stressful bits. We are paying good money to BA and they are playing a good game and you have swallowed it hook line and sinker.

I am pissed at BA and will take it through the channels.

Cheers,

Mick
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by mickbarwood
It is plain and simple inverted snobbery

(The pedant in me will kill me one day)
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It isn't to do with worry over whether or not it is a restricted service, even if it is. It is plain and simple inverted snobbery, you feel you are special and you are not about to share that with any of us.
I can understand your frustration Mick but I don't think it's such a big deal whether you get it or not.

I have made changes to my flights booked in F through the usual channel and received good service, so all is not lost - just phone them up using the normal number, it may even be quicker. ^
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:59 pm

It isn't to do with worry over whether or not it is a restricted service, even if it is. It is plain and simple inverted snobbery, you feel you are special and you are not about to share that with any of us. This is not Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory and the hunt for the golden tickets. I ask because I am a first class passenger and naturally wish to ease my family through the stressful bits. We are paying good money to BA and they are playing a good game and you have swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Are you pissed that you're not a BA Premier as well?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Gold, Emirates Gold
You First Trial

I just got to wonder why this is a trail... as opposed to being an offered service in the first place ? (excuse the pun).

Anyway off NYC way in First in 2 weeks. Could a member please PM the number as I don't have the email either.

Regards
J
Old Aug 2, 2008, 4:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche

Cheers,

Mick
I am not sure if your rant was specifically aimed at me or all the people on this forum who do have the contact details for "Your First" but are refusing to PM it to you. As G-BOAC stated "In First anyone can assign seats as soon as they book, regardless of status - check in MMB. You don't need to get You First to do this for you." So perhaps you could state what you wish them to help you with? If it is to reserve 1A or 1K for your other half and they do not have the correct status, then they will not be able to assist.

When you speak to BA "through the channels" if you could be so kind as to ask them to clarify whether the "You First" contact details can be shared with fellow EC members and post back?

Many thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 6:10 am

Programs: BA
Yf

They say that the You First service is for anyone with a booking in First Class. This includes making a new booking or having an existing booking for the future.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I am Gold and have taken at least a dozen F flights this year, but have had no e-mail. What have I done wrong ??
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:25 pm

Theories why some people haven't got the email:

1. BA are doing a limited trial and you unfortunately weren't selected for it due to some random factor.

2. Overzealous spam filter somewhere along the line which has eaten your email.

3. You've selected not to receive marketing emails from BA.

4. You don't have any F flights booked during the trial period.

Your BAEC status doesn't seem to affect whether you get the email or not. I've dropped down to Blue and I got the email but I had a F flight booked to return me to the UK the other day. I'd hazard a guess and say my CIV is incredibly low so its not that either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.