Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You First - New Service when flying in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2009, 1:59 am

Programs: Amex Plat, BA Blue (boo), HH Gold,
Originally Posted by trickster
I was just on the phone to YouFirst so I asked the lady if she knew what was happening at the end of Jan. She said they hope to find out in the next couple of weeks. Watch this space I guess.
I spoke to YouFirst at the end of last week and the agent told me that the service was being extended beyond the end of January as it had been well received but she didn't know for how long.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by volley
...the agent told me that the service was being extended beyond the end of January....
Good stuff! Could someone please pass on the contact details for YouFirst? I have three F trips scheduled but have not been given the number/e-mail address.

Thanks!^
Old Jan 11, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by mka5
Good stuff! Could someone please pass on the contact details for YouFirst? I have three F trips scheduled but have not been given the number/e-mail address.

Thanks!^
Post #93 in this very thread has all the details
Old Jan 11, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Question Could you possibly PM me the email address and contact details for You First.

Originally Posted by HighLife
Received the email too, and have PM'd you the number Rob.

I've chosen to use the You First email address as I have been moved out of 1A to 3A on NRT-LHR in a couple of days and I'm not impressed.

Lets see whether they actually give me an honest explanation as to why.

It's hardly the end of the world , but I'm not one who believes Prems, politicians or celebs should be able to move me out of my seat, they or their assistants should select their seats in advance like anyone else, or if booking late, deal with whatever seat is left in F.

HL
I have several First flights coming up and the seat shifters have been at it again. Could anyone email me any contact details for email and phone they may have for You First. I have the 0800 number but calling from outside of the UK. Email is far easier anyway. Much appreciated.

S
Old Jan 11, 2009, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
erm...the answer is just above your post...look at post #93 in this thread.

tb
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:04 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
And what noises are you talking about? There were no noises that I heard inside or outside of the CCR cabana.
Have you tried flushing the toilet or taking a shower.. the noise is unbearable.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:06 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
LH does have the office suites and cabana style bathrooms though which covers most of the practical purpose of the CCR Cabanas. I would have found it impossible to sleep in a CCR Cabana due to the noise (inside and outside the cabana). It is rather a shame that BA didn't go down the bathroom style path of the CX Wing Cabanas, where I have managed to get several hours sleep.
You get a lot more noise in the CX Wing Cabanas than the CCR Cabanas.. like the boarding calls, and the noise on the other side of the glass wall with people walking...
Old Jan 12, 2009, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ACfly
Have you tried flushing the toilet or taking a shower.. the noise is unbearable.
Huh? Yes the toilet is very powerful and I regard that as a good thing. It only lasts for a few seconds in any case. I didn't notice the shower being loud?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by trueblu
erm...the answer is just above your post...look at post #93 in this thread.

tb
I did, it lists the telephone number and not the email address

Anyone have the email address?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by IrishStephen

YGPM
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Teece
YGPM
Thanks for the details, have them all now.

Cheers

S
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
You First - For booking in July

Originally Posted by volley
I spoke to YouFirst at the end of last week and the agent told me that the service was being extended beyond the end of January as it had been well received but she didn't know for how long.
I contacted You First this morning asking to book a Cabana for my travel in July (to Toronto). Received an email back from a nice chap - confirmed and booked without any hesitation.

Hope the service is rolled-out further
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:52 pm

francismc - welcome to FT!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ACfly
You get a lot more noise in the CX Wing Cabanas than the CCR Cabanas.. like the boarding calls, and the noise on the other side of the glass wall with people walking...
Hmm I am not so sure about that, the "stream" and associated gurgling create a fairly tranquil atmosphere in the CX Wing Cabanas and the position of the "bed" is as far away from the tiled corridor as possible. I have spent way more time in the Wing Cabanas than the CCR and have never really been disturbed by passengers on the other side of the glass wall, although you can see their outline. I have heard more noise from other cabanas than I have from outside due to the semi open design in HKG.

The hard floor immediately outside the CCR Cabanas gives a lot of background noise (from clomping shoes) and we had the regular chirrup from the loudspeaker which became extremely annoying perhaps this was a one off fault which has now been recitified but it would have driven me mad were I trying to sleep.

All that said I have spent more time in the bath than anywhere else when in the Wing. this is probably the quietest part of the Wing Cabanas, but I have slept quite comfortably on the daybed immediately behind the frosted glass. Mrs LoM could sleep through a plane crash and has also slept well in the Wing but could not manage to sleep in the CCR Cabanas.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by IrishStephen

Glad that you're sorted, but post #93 does have the e-mail (for future reference in case anyone else wants to find it). It lacks the "at" sign, which is substituted by the word "at".

tb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.