Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shareholder discount and MMB changes ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2008, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Shareholder discount and MMB changes ?

I can't remember ever booking a shareholder discount flight and then needing to change it in MMB. Is this a problem or can the system cope ?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 4:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

MMB processes changes to SH bookings quite happily in my experience. I should add that my changes were to equal fare buckets so I don't know if the discount applies when changing to more expensive fares.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
MMB processes changes to SH bookings quite happily in my experience. I should add that my changes were to equal fare buckets so I don't know if the discount applies when changing to more expensive fares.
Works happily with more and/or less expensive fare buckets in my experience. Taxes were also recalculated accordingly without issue.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
There used to be a problem when changing a flight with a fully flexible ticket, it would sometimes ask you to pay extra...basically the value of the SH discount. This seems to have been corrected for some time now.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 6:51 am

Does the shareholder discount apply to base fare or taxes +fees as well?

Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by badgerdirect

Thanks
Oh come on! Taxes are a Government charge and are therefore not available to discount. HMRC will expect BA to cough up the requisite amount per PAX per Class.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by badgerdirect

Thanks
Sadly Gordon B isn't that generous, as we all know. Base fare only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.