Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR- Larnaca CE Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 7:47 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: AA CK Spouse, BAEC Silver , HH Dia, BonVoy Titanium, (former)Caesars7*, (former)Wynn Black, HR Icon
Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Yeah. No trailer trash allowed to those destinations, eh
I guess, "my point" is that I haven't come across very many (if any) threads (in the US Airline Forums) that refer to "trailer trash" --- or specifically the socioeconomic classes of the leisure travelers. But, I might have just missed them.

In my most humble opinion, it isn't proper to refer to people in such a manner. But, that's just me.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:02 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I guess, "my point" is that I haven't come across very many (if any) threads (in the US Airline Forums) that refer to "trailer trash" --- or specifically the socioeconomic classes of the leisure travelers. But, I might have just missed them.

In my most humble opinion, it isn't proper to refer to people in such a manner. But, that's just me.
Probably because they are in first class being flown to Chicago for their appearance on the Jerry Springer Show.

Inbreed..three nippled..cousin...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba Bronze, AMEX Plat, CX Gold, HH Gold
James, I shall let the Liverpool comment go, but if you see 3 guys with perms coming towards you change direction quickly!!!!!!
The picture being painted of Larnaca and I assume Cyprus, makes me think we may not bother at all. We were planning on staying in Ayia Napa, so I assume that may be even worse. We, who am I kidding, my Wife will decide where we go over the weekend.
Thanks for all comments.
Mick
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:19 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
The Greek translation of "Chav" is in fact "Cyprus".. we only went as it is the nearest branch of M&S to buy our Christmas Pudding on a quick in and out raid.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I guess, "my point" is that I haven't come across very many (if any) threads (in the US Airline Forums) that refer to "trailer trash" --- or specifically the socioeconomic classes of the leisure travelers.
Good grief. What's the point in travelling in a premium cabin if you can't insult those that travel in a lower class of travel?

Especially on a route like LCA.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:16 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: AA CK Spouse, BAEC Silver , HH Dia, BonVoy Titanium, (former)Caesars7*, (former)Wynn Black, HR Icon
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Good grief. What's the point in travelling in a premium cabin if you can't insult those that travel in a lower class of travel?

Especially on a route like LCA.
oh goodness, ROFLOL

I guess we're just a little bit too PC over on my end of the pond. (LOL)

Didn't you know, the proper way to do it, is to insult other passengers (on the plane and at the gate) via text message (to your traveling companions and friends).

But, on WN, they make it a point to "surcharge" those that are COS when checking in. But, no current "surcharge" for "white-trash."
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes but they are a better class of chav in CE. Last week we had a bloke in a string vest in 3A, drank beer the whole way back. But he was quiet and non-offensive.

The over-60s are far more of a problem in CE - they moan and complain about absolutely everything, they drink all the champagne, and they spend ages in the toilet.
Yep - absolutely my abiding memory of my one and only LCA trip in J - everyone except me and my colleague must have been 60+ with perma-leather-tans... urgh...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
If First Choice are offering the "upgraded" 767 flights with dedicated check-in, bigger seats with around 37" leg-room, (aircraft usually on long-haul i.e. Goa, MCO, ANU, BGI) then this is a no brainer, IMHO... The seats are MUCH better than CE seats, (possibly avoid last row) catering is fine, crew... well can be excellent.... sometimes not... What about departure airport???? is LHR T5 handy? Most of BA's 767's are very tatty...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
LCA sunjet lounge

Exactly as Cyba stated, that was it to a tee today, and even the massage chairs were being used as ordinary seating.

the flight was bunged with even the jump seat in use (crew id90 i think). excellent service in CE from familiar FA's and CSD thank goodness.

funny behaviour from some pax as usual. got into my seat to find a laptop bag in my footwell. reported it to staff as an item left behind, who were removing it when another pax piped up that it was theirs (Bl**dy cheek!- and as it had a BAEC Gold tag, they should know better.)
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
LCA Sunjet Lounge

Anyone can use this lounge for 22 GBP. With drink prices at the airport so high it can make sense to use it even if you are on a charter or have no status.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My flight to LCA on Wednesday has CE back to row 14.

That's me and up to 67 wrinkleys, drinking the bars dry.
And at 5 minutes per toilet visit at one an hour per wrinkley, means I better not need the toilet for the entire 5 hours on board.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
My flight to LCA on Wednesday has CE back to row 14.

That's me and up to 67 wrinkleys, drinking the bars dry.
And at 5 minutes per toilet visit at one an hour per wrinkley, means I better not need the toilet for the entire 5 hours on board.
Ours in September is up to 22 rows
Old Jun 16, 2008, 3:41 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Originally Posted by tom139
Ours in September is up to 22 rows
9 rows, 12 rows, 22 rows. Then who says this route doesn't have premium traffic? Ok, they might not all be wearing suits and ties but I'll take vest wearing beer and champers combos over polonium in the carry on anytime
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:14 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Bizzarely, ours at the end of the month is stuck resolutely at 6, out and back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.