Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OLCI multiple booking multi carrier MAN-LHR-LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G

Hi,

There's a group of six of us heading out to LA on Thursday via LHR.

The main flight to LAX is on Air France but we're on BA1395 from MAN down to LHR beforehand.

As we're on 3 different booking references, due to flights being booked separately, I was going to OLCI everyone in on the AF website, so I could get us all seats together on the AF flight.

If I do this and then also OLCI us onto the BA flight on the BA website as well, can we check our bags straight through to LAX from MAN?

I'm actually debating whether to just take mine on as hand luggage as we're only in LHR for 2 and a half hours before heading off again and need to pass through T5.

Many thanks
Mike
Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by Chase
Hi,

There's a group of six of us heading out to LA on Thursday via LHR.

The main flight to LAX is on Air France but we're on BA1395 from MAN down to LHR beforehand.

As we're on 3 different booking references, due to flights being booked separately, I was going to OLCI everyone in on the AF website, so I could get us all seats together on the AF flight.

If I do this and then also OLCI us onto the BA flight on the BA website as well, can we check our bags straight through to LAX from MAN?

I'm actually debating whether to just take mine on as hand luggage as we're only in LHR for 2 and a half hours before heading off again and need to pass through T5.

Many thanks
Mike
I don't think you can check your luggage through regardless of whether you OLCI or not.

In any case, with the current situation, I wouldn't even try.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:14 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=irmster;9506564]I don't think you can check your luggage through regardless of whether you OLCI or not.
QUOTE]

Just to clarify, when I say we have different booking references, there are 3 separate couples, who each have a single booking reference covering MAN-LHR-LAX (and return) per couple.

This could be bad then if we have to collect our bags at T5, get across to T2 and check them in within 2 and a half hours...
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by Chase

Just to clarify, when I say we have different booking references, there are 3 separate couples, who each have a single booking reference covering MAN-LHR-LAX (and return) per couple.

This could be bad then if we have to collect our bags at T5, get across to T2 and check them in within 2 and a half hours...
aah - if it's all on one PNR then you should be able to check through.

Make sure you pack your essentials and a change of clothing in your hand baggage though!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irmster
aah - if it's all on one PNR then you should be able to check through.

Make sure you pack your essentials and a change of clothing in your hand baggage though!
Phew

Was debating whether to take everything i need on board with me - we're doing a bit of a make-it-up-as-we-go road trip, so if bags get lost, it's going to pretty difficult for them to get them to us.

Cheers irmster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.