Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Not Allowed" to use Concorde Room at T5?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by heartybob
Really sad, and IMHO totally beyond belief if the "staff" are actually BA staff - not outsourced from some fly-by-night "customer service" outfit.

And if they are outsourced, what is BA thinking when it puts such uninformed people at the interface with its most valuable customers?

As a BA shareholder I sincerely hope someone at Waterworld is monitoring recent threads and taking note - and swift action
I dont know about the threads but the leadership team have barely been out of T5. Issues like this will be dealt with, but as Smirnoff found with the Arrivals lounge for DME pax it only takes a few staff not to know to cause issues.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold, BA Gold, Starwood Plat.
I shall let you all know how I get on. Thanks for all your help. I must say, I imagine I will be on the phone for a long time because the F cabin was not as clean as it should have been (particuarly the toilets) and the flight was delayed which resulted in a very rushed boarding. Once onboard, the flight was not bad, but the entire event has put me off BA. I hope my return flight is much better (and I have the same journey to do next week, so that will be interesting!).

Last edited by flyer240185; Apr 1, 2008 at 3:38 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Who, pray tell, did this lounge dragon intend on permitting access to the Concorde Room? F-pax are not allowed. Gold cardholders are not allowed. I imagine, considering her vast knowledge, she is not aware of the existence of Premier cardholders. So who would actually be in the lounge???

Did she miss the memo that Concorde no longer makes regular hops to New York?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Most definately write in. this is completely unacceptable in my opinion!

I would also copy in WW.

I am travelling in F to YVR at the end of the month and I will take the brouchure that states Concorde Lounge- for F pax. and if there is any trouble I will phone BAEC.

Hope you get some suitable compensation.

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"Not Allowed" to use Concorde Room at T5?

Was there only one agent at the desk both times you tried to enter?

There was three in the old CR when I was there.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by flyer240185
I shall let you all know how I get on. Thanks for all your help. I must say, I imagine I will be on the phone for a long time because the F cabin was not as clean as it should have been (particuarly the toilets) and the flight was delayed which resulted in a very rushed boarding. Once onboard, the flight was not bad, but the entire event has put me off BA. I hope my return flight is much better (and I have the same journey to do next week, so that will be interesting!).
I would do it in writing, and focus on the one demonstrable thing that went wrong - not being allowed into the CR. Cleanliness of the cabin and rushed boarding are difficult to demonstrate and just detract from the main complain that you want addressed. You had paid a heck of a lot of money because you wanted to see the new CR and you were denied this crucial part of the experience for which you had paid. The rest can be summed up in a single sentence, along the lines of - "and after all that, a rushed boarding led to the disappointment of a cabin that was hardly spotless".
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Was there only one agent at the desk both times you tried to enter?

There was three in the old CR when I was there.
Only one girl at the desk on friday when i was there, very nice but sadly very unprofessional and not at all HOT
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
I dont know about the threads but the leadership team have barely been out of T5. Issues like this will be dealt with, but as Smirnoff found with the Arrivals lounge for DME pax it only takes a few staff not to know to cause issues.
I'm sorry Adrian, but with the greatest respect to someone who I know really does care, why do any BA staff "not know"?

If I go into my local Tesco in New Malden and find they've re-arranged the furniture yet again and the place where the frozen peas used to be is stacked to the rafters with BOGOF packs of Palmiers I ask a member of staff where the frozen peas have gone.

Nine times out of ten the Tesco person can tell me not only which aisle I can find them in , but which end - and sometimes even offers to take me there.

The one time they don't know, he or she doesn't make it up or tell me to pi** off, they ask someone who does know.

So, if Tesco can usually get it right first time, why the hell can't BA?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold (just!), BA Amex PP, Amex Plat, Accor Fav Guest, Priority Club Platinum
Good point. How can I convert my BA miles into Tesco Clubcard Points?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I thought the rule for the CR were quite clear: Admit everyone with an F ticket - except Snoop Doggy Dog !
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:45 pm

I'm sorry Adrian, but with the greatest respect to someone who I know really does care, why do any BA staff "not know"?

If I go into my local Tesco in New Malden and find they've re-arranged the furniture yet again and the place where the frozen peas used to be is stacked to the rafters with BOGOF packs of Palmiers I ask a member of staff where the frozen peas have gone.

Nine times out of ten the Tesco person can tell me not only which aisle I can find them in , but which end - and sometimes even offers to take me there.

The one time they don't know, he or she doesn't make it up or tell me to pi** off, they ask someone who does know.

I know and I am totally with you on that one. There is alot of rules around lounge access, but that one is very straight forwards and there is no excuse in my mind. If I knew who it was they would be on the wrong end of some robust feedback!!
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I thought the rule for the CR were quite clear: Admit everyone with an F ticket - except Snoop Doggy Dog !
Maybe the OP is Snoop? Uh oh.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: Virgin Silver, BA Blue, HHonors, Priority Club
I think this situation would have been a good time to stick to one's guns. I know I would have told the dragon that I was not going to move from the reception until she either a) got her manager down to talk to me - even if it involved her actually doing some "work" to do so or b) got someone on the phone who could confirm either her or my version of CR access. I'd also have phoned BAEC right there in front of her if necessary - have done that before with rapid results from deluded dragons.

Mark my words, whether I'd spent 9K or 1K, I wouldn't have let her get away with things so easily. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong if written proof is produced - we all make mistakes - but there has to be SOME respect for the fare-paying passenger/customer from BA staff, which was obviously totally lacking here.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:56 pm

I'm just shocked - not.

The BA lounge dragons are the pits of the world.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:57 pm

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Gaz
I find it's always helped to politely get a name in this situation, ie: "OK, fine, but can you give me your name please, because I will be checking later if I'm entitled, and if it turns out that I am, I will be making a full complaint and obviously will want to quote you". Amazing how that can make people go and double-check things, despite previously claiming to be 100% sure.
Great suggestion this - I shall have to remember it for future reference (while hoping it won't come to that!)^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.