Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Landside to Galleries First?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Landside to Galleries First?

Hi,

I'm doing my first CE flight out of T5 on Monday.

Handluggage only, OLCI and PYOBP (BA Gold status).

I've tried the BA site and their dedicated T5 site, but find it a bit unclear on how to proceed from arriving at the terminal and on to Galleries First.

Do I go to the south end of the check in area and then through a fast track security?

Does this bypass the 'shopping experience' and let you go straight to the lounge, or does one have to trapse all around the shops first?

bjorns
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: ba lifetime gold, MAS gold, hhonors gold
well I have just done it - south security fast track then 5 mins up to the F lounge - you don't bypass the shops but there didn't seem that many
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by malcolmcampbell
well I have just done it - south security fast track then 5 mins up to the F lounge - you don't bypass the shops but there didn't seem that many
Cheers Malcolm,

Sounds like roughly the amount of time it took at T1.

bjorns
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:08 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Probably a little longer walk though.

As you go through security the lounges are in the buildings to your right. Unless you are going to the Concorde room, which is the door off to the right after security, you turn left after finishing with security.

Head straight on until you see some escalators going down to the level below. Once off these turn around and walk back up to about where security is above you and there is a set of escalators going up that will deposit you outside the entrance to the First Galleries.

If you take the escalators up another level you will be at the non F Galleries whatever that is called these days.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Moomba

As you go through security the lounges are in the buildings to your right. Unless you are going to the Concorde room, which is the door off to the right after security, you turn left after finishing with security.

Head straight on until you see some escalators going down to the level below. Once off these turn around and walk back up to about where security is above you and there is a set of escalators going up that will deposit you outside the entrance to the First Galleries.

If you take the escalators up another level you will be at the non F Galleries whatever that is called these days.
Hi,

That will be Galleries Club then.

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Moomba

Head straight on until you see some escalators going down to the level below. Once off these turn around and walk back up to about where security is above you and there is a set of escalators going up that will deposit you outside the entrance to the First Galleries. .
This does not sound like a very good design, unless it was funded by the shops that one passes on the way...!
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
This does not sound like a very good design, unless it was funded by the shops that one passes on the way...!
It works much better than it sounds ^
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
I think it is a pain in fact. Especially as when you come out of Fast Track you are only a few feet from the lounges, but still have to walk for 10-15 minutes, go down one escalator, and then go back up another, all to end up 50 feet from where you started.

A simple staircase or lift opposite the exit from South Fast Track would solve the problem, but I suppose it would bypass the shops!
Old Apr 1, 2008, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Markie
I think it is a pain in fact. Especially as when you come out of Fast Track you are only a few feet from the lounges, but still have to walk for 10-15 minutes, go down one escalator, and then go back up another, all to end up 50 feet from where you started.

A simple staircase or lift opposite the exit from South Fast Track would solve the problem, but I suppose it would bypass the shops!
It was suggested to me at the weekend by a member of FIRST cabin crew that the Concorde longe entrance door was a late design change which BA paid BAA through the nose for. The implication was that BAA did not want premium passengers by-passing the expensive shops!
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by quaintass
The implication was that BAA did not want premium passengers by-passing the expensive shops!
Don't knock that! Or the minimum 45 minutes check-in before departure. BAA have big debts to pay off, you know.

And that's before they've refunded everybody their departure/landing tax for the fracas at T5..
Old Apr 2, 2008, 7:58 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
While I agree that the elongated route is a bit of a pain, you must be a very slow walker! I don't see how it could take more than 5 mins, even at a leisurely pace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.