Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access at GLA when Flying Club from LGW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access at GLA when Flying Club from LGW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:19 am

Thanks G-BOAC

Would i still be able to access the BA arrivals lounge at LGW before my flight back to GLA?

Strange thing about my domestic flight but after i phoned BA to join it to the TPA flight it shows up as 120 TP's is that right?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
When you arrive at LGW off your TPA return in CW there should be no problem with access rights, but it will all depend on the timings.

If you are connecting back to GLA that same day and only have a couple of hours between the flights, then you will likely not have enough time to go to the Arrivals lounge (which requires you to get luggage, go through to Arrivals, walk to the Sofitel hotel, walk through the lobby, go down the lift at the end and then you're in the nice dedicated (shared between airlines) Arrivals lounge which has lots of showers, a decent continental breakfast setup, free Internet and absolutely fantastic coffee!) and go back to the North Terminal, clear security, etc. and get your flight up to GLA.

In that case, you may be better going directly to the (airside) Terraces before your GLA flight and using the showers there if you want one.

120 TPs for Domestic will not be correct - maximum 20 for any Domestic. 120 TPs per (paid) CW longhaul leg though.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:57 am

Thanks again G-BOAC

Sounds alot to cram in, i have 3.5 hours before the flight to GLA, do you think thats too tight??

As for the TP i thought it was wrong but it does show 150 TP for TPA flight and 120 TP for LGW flight which i thought cannot be right!!! also shows about 11,000 miles for TPA and 9002 miles for LGW and
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
I'd say that if you have got your luggage tagged all the way through to GLA from TPA, then 3.5 hours to go to the Arrivals lounge and get back should be fine. If for some reason you are delayed, the showers in the BA lounge are fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.