Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jet engines overhead in SW6 at 1:30am

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Why did they put the YVR pax in T4 when YVR departs from T1? That's double the inconvenience!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 4:06 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Why did they put the YVR pax in T4 when YVR departs from T1? That's double the inconvenience!
My Mistake, I have edited.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 5:08 am

Gatwickba - we don't get any dispensation on our Far East long haul flights wrt the curfew. The actual night ban comes into place later than 2330 I think, but anything after about 2230 until the curfew takes effect requires a night slot.

UncleDude - the 3hr delay to the 9 was simply due to good old fashioned BA cock ups, not technical issues.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gatwickba
I know Qantas have arrived around 0100 and departed close to 0300 when I have been on nights.
May explain the 747 that went over my hotel last Tuesday or Wednesday at around 3:30am. Was woken by it and thought very "unusual". Well not exactly but this is a family show
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've landed at LHR past 1am on a delayed flight. It certainly improves the Heathrow experience - land on 27R, taxi straight to Gate 8, straight through immigration and into a cab in about 8 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.