Search

OT? BA Holidays and MFU

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec, BMI DC
OT? BA Holidays and MFU

Hi There

I've had a look and I can't find an answer here or by calling BA Holidays.

Does anyone know if it's possible to book a short NYC trip (from LHR) into T class and then MFU?

They don't seem to know at BA and I was wondering if I could manually do this i.e. book with them and then go into MMB and MFU? I assume because I'm booking with BA that this is the case? or are they considered a 'travel agent'?

The rationale is that generally you can get better deals with Hotels in a 'package' then booking both seperate...I think...unless anyone else knows a better solution for booking a cheaper hotel in NYC.

Looking at the tail end of April if that helps....

Thanks in advance

Benjurs
Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC Blue; HHonours Silver; Hertz Gold
I am in a similar quandry. My flights are in WT (not sure the exact class) but BA Holidays have informed me that you cannot use MFU with them. The option is also greyed out in MMB.

I recently posted a similar question on another thread. Apparently if I pay to upgrade to WT+ (with BA Holidays) I can then MFU to CW (by contacting the BAEC) as apparently all WT+ classes are eligible for MFU.

I am a bit apprehensive about this as I don't want to get stuck in WT+ as I don't believe it represents VFM over WT.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:49 am

There are quite a lot of topics on this if you do a search. Unfortunately none of them resoundingly answer the problem.

The following thread was most useful when I searched the issue a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510520

Last edited by kryten22uk; Mar 4, 2008 at 8:25 am
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by accajl
as apparently all WT+ classes are eligible for MFU.
I understand that's the case but not sure if it applies through BA Holiday bookings.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Only if booked with British Airways directly.

BA Holidays (desipite BA at the front of the name) is still a travel agent and you cannot MFU travel agent bookings.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec, BMI DC
Thanks all

As I suspected, the BA bit is a bit of a misnomer....

Thanks for all your help anyways.

I suppose Priceline is the way forward for cheaper hotel bookings or does anyone else use any other websites/agents?

Thanks once again! Can always rely on the BA board for such prompt 'service'!

Ta

Benjurs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.