Wiki Posts
Search

MFU and BA Holidays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
MFU and BA Holidays

Is it possible to MFU a flight that was booked as part of BA Holidays package?
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:54 am

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
just give them a call and ask - ive found them to be pretty accommodating in the past but never tried this - would be interested in the answer
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:19 pm
Bukhara

If booked through BA direct or a BA Travel Shop, and in the right booking class, I shouldn't see why not.

Travel Shops do commonly sell Bulk Fare tickets. This is a problem when upgrading with cash, but I have no idea how this affects MFU.

Interested in the answer here, too!

Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cuddlychin
just give them a call and ask - would be interested in the answer
I called them and the answer is YES - just book through BA Holidays or a Travel Shop as per usual and then contact the BAEC and they'll do it.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by razflyer
I called them and the answer is YES - just book through BA Holidays or a Travel Shop as per usual and then contact the BAEC and they'll do it.
Did you get it in writing? Not that I'm paranoid about these things

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkenyon
Did you get it in writing? Not that I'm paranoid about these things

erm...no, it was a phone call. However, the CSR did answer straight away with an air of confidence so I didn't doubt her. I guess we could call a few times and see if we get the same answer from different CSRs.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:41 pm

I'll be on the phone 8am tomorrow morning. Though tried to do an award redemption on the dates of my flights and there is no availability if I do it for the two of us - but for one only its fine. I guess that means there is only one award seat available on each flight?? Considering that the J cabin only has one person booked in on Expertflyer I'm crossing fingers.

Nothing ventured nothing gained etc etc
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:33 am

Phoned BAEC and they told me to phone BA Hols so i did and the guy he just laughed and said "no - its not possible - there are two many rules and regulations with the BAEC that half the staff dont know about them. Of course did offer the obligitory 100 discount for 10,000 airmiles which we all know is cr*p
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Phoned BAEC and they told me to phone BA Hols so i did and the guy he just laughed and said "no - its not possible - there are two many rules and regulations with the BAEC that half the staff dont know about them. Of course did offer the obligitory 100 discount for 10,000 airmiles which we all know is cr*p
Hmmm - the lady from BA Hols I spoke to today said "no problem"
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by razflyer
Hmmm - the lady from BA Hols I spoke to today said "no problem"
Did you manage to upgrade then or not - can always phone back tomorrow ...
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:06 pm
Bukhara

Hmmmm...I would admit that many staff are not completely au fait with all EC rules (the amount of MFU's that we process are very few, especially when compared to their popularity on Flyertalk. I probably successfully do one every three months - very few considering I speak to about 100 people per day and usual enquiries are folk with a N/V class ticket to whom we have to explain the regs). BA Hols, however, know much much less about EC as this does not encompass part of their daily work.

If you have paid for a published fare, I really can't see why you shouldn't use MFU. You should not need to speak to BA Hols as I doubt that they even have MFU functionality with their systems.

If you call again, ask for your fare basis. If it is something like 'TXUQ' (or the final two letters are 'UQ') then this will be a nett fare and it would not surprise me if this was ineligible for upgrade with a clause hidden away somewhere in the rules. If, though, it is a normal published fare, I can't see why this wouldn't be allowed. Ask to be directed to the specific clause that forbids a BA Hols booking from being upgraded with miles. Only admit defeat when you are shown this clause.

Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bukhara
If you have paid for a published fare, I really can't see why you shouldn't use MFU. You should not need to speak to BA Hols as I doubt that they even have MFU functionality with their systems.

If you call again, ask for your fare basis. If it is something like 'TXUQ' (or the final two letters are 'UQ') then this will be a nett fare and it would not surprise me if this was ineligible for upgrade with a clause hidden away somewhere in the rules. If, though, it is a normal published fare, I can't see why this wouldn't be allowed. Ask to be directed to the specific clause that forbids a BA Hols booking from being upgraded with miles. Only admit defeat when you are shown this clause.
Thanks for that - will try again - the person I spoke to at BA Hols I have spoke to plenty and is very nice and efficient, goes that "extra mile" so to speak. Ah well back on the phone tomorrow morning. I'll not even mention its a BA Hol booking unless they ask ....

Last edited by cuddlychin; Jan 5, 2006 at 3:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.