Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OTish: Visa Waiver Programme Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
From my experience, I can agree with all that has been said. One minor annoyance is that some of the US border posts charge USD 1 for each the green I-94W form ... It's not a large amount of money, but kind of weird as they charge at random and I've been told by a Washington offical that this is not an official fee ;-(
Old Aug 17, 2008, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by swiss_global
From my experience, I can agree with all that has been said. One minor annoyance is that some of the US border posts charge USD 1 for each the green I-94W form ... It's not a large amount of money, but kind of weird as they charge at random and I've been told by a Washington offical that this is not an official fee ;-(
But there is a fee of $6 when crossing by land from Canada or Mexico (I was told that this fee is included in airline tickets).
Old Aug 17, 2008, 7:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nbevan
But there is a fee of $6 when crossing by land from Canada or Mexico (I was told that this fee is included in airline tickets).
Indeed, paid it a few times when crossing into the US from Canada by car. I wonder where this $1 fee comes from, as $6 is the official fee
Old Aug 17, 2008, 1:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by neoRAGE
Just to add another spin to this question: how many times are you allowed to enter the US on the VWP per year? Is there a limit? Has anyone ever had any trouble?

Cheers,
neoRAGE
No limit in my experience. IIRC my busiest period had something like 4 "visits" (mostly transits) in 4 days.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by atsak
One thing to note is to ask the Canadian official to remove the Visa if you drive back through Canada. They frequently don't ask and then you've got to get rid of it some other way (tricky).
Officials/agents sometimes remove the stub carelessly, resulting in the staple ripping the passport page.

I now always remove the stub myself. Also you can ask the officer on arrival not to staple the stub, the last officer in LAX offered this without asking as he saw that we were leaving the country again within a couple of hours.

Regarding the 1usd charge for the form, I'm very surprised by this and would be tempted to ask for a receipt, this is the sort of illegal scam which is very popular in 3rd world land border crossings, but not something i would have expected in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.