Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ignored By BA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Ignored By BA

On a recent flight back from Miami to LHR in CW we had a few problems, minor ones that built up enough to niggle me and spoil the flight, I felt BA should be aware of what we experienced then they could do something about it. I had the "we will respond within 28 days" acknowledging that they had recieved my email, that was back in November!! After the 28 days had elapsed I emailed again to find out what was happening, no response, I have sent a further 2 emails including the case Number I was given but still no response!! I actually now feel angry that I have just been ignored, has anyone else had similar dealings with BA and are there any suggestions on how I can get BA to respond to my queries?
Old Jan 26, 2008, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cruisemad
On a recent flight back from Miami to LHR in CW we had a few problems, minor ones that built up enough to niggle me and spoil the flight, I felt BA should be aware of what we experienced then they could do something about it. I had the "we will respond within 28 days" acknowledging that they had recieved my email, that was back in November!! After the 28 days had elapsed I emailed again to find out what was happening, no response, I have sent a further 2 emails including the case Number I was given but still no response!! I actually now feel angry that I have just been ignored, has anyone else had similar dealings with BA and are there any suggestions on how I can get BA to respond to my queries?
I still haven't had a response to a complaint I made nearly 10 months ago, so this is not an unusual occurrence. You might try calling BA Customer Relations, but this may just waste more of your time.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
sorry

please let me have your case reference numbers and I will make sure they are dealt with swiftly.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Sorry, Land-of-Miles and cruisemad, I don't think this is a very exclusive club.

I've been trying to enter the "OLCI and you could win a holiday" comp but for some reason ba.com keeps coming back with an erroneous "sorry, you're ineligible" message.

I've been repeatedly emailing the individual who first responded to my query and still get no response or even an acknowledgement.

I realise that in the great scheme of things this isn't a major niggle but it's still bloody rude, if you ask me.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by majoreyeswater
Sorry, Land-of-Miles and cruisemad, I don't think this is a very exclusive club.

I've been trying to enter the "OLCI and you could win a holiday" comp but for some reason ba.com keeps coming back with an erroneous "sorry, you're ineligible" message.

I've been repeatedly emailing the individual who first responded to my query and still get no response or even an acknowledgement.

I realise that in the great scheme of things this isn't a major niggle but it's still bloody rude, if you ask me.
I hope you haven't been using the 'reply' function on your email, as that will not work...possibly explaining no response?
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Wirelessly posted (Xda_Stellar; 240x320 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

Great point but no, ths is to a specific BA staff member with a proper firstname.lastname address, not an auto-response type of address.

As a very loyal customer, I think it's a shame that BA allows what is still a truly great global brand to be tarnished by people who don't seem to give a **** about customer service.

It just negates the efforts that many in BA make to go the extra mile for customers.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Wirelessly posted (Xda_Stellar; 240x320 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

Great point but no, ths is to a specific BA staff member with a proper firstname.lastname address, not an auto-response type of address.
Are you using a [email protected] address - if so I'm not sure that this works from an external (ie. not BA ESS) address. They may not have received it.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:12 pm

it could also be possible that this particular person may not be at work (sickness, holiday/unexpected personal circumstances) which could explain it??
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Are you using a [email protected] address - if so I'm not sure that this works from an external (ie. not BA ESS) address. They may not have received it.
It works fine. I email plenty of people at [email protected]. And they even reply to me.

Unless the email address given was [email protected], in which case you may not get a reply.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Strange competition, one of the prizes is a "private rugby training session with ex-England rugby player Matt Dawson".

Fat lot of good that'll be if you're a seventy year old grandad or a big bellied unfit businessman.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Strange competition, one of the prizes is a "private rugby training session with ex-England rugby player Matt Dawson".

Fat lot of good that'll be if you're a seventy year old grandad or a big bellied unfit businessman.
now that's just petty
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:29 pm

Second prize much better IMHO....
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
It works fine. I email plenty of people at [email protected]. And they even reply to me.

Unless the email address given was [email protected], in which case you may not get a reply.

I guess you must be special
I've tried again to send an e-mail to myself (yes HIDDY I know it's sad) and it comes up as "access denied"
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:35 pm

I guess you must be special
I've tried again to send an e-mail to myself (yes HIDDY I know it's sad) and it comes up as "access denied"
That's possibly because you don't have external email access (lots of people who have an @ba.com email address do not have external priviliges unless requested)....it has to be specifically requested for external, otherwise it is only internal BA email that can be recieved/sent
Old Jan 26, 2008, 4:04 pm

It does, but only if your manager has granted you external e-mail access. For example mine is set so that customers can contact me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.