Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New extra miles Promotion: The UK version...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New extra miles Promotion: The UK version...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Euan
It's now being done manually which takes SEVEN days! AMEX can add bonus miles to my AMEX account there and then... why does it take BA so long?
Who did you speak to at Amex ? The frontline CS person who answered the phone seemed very reluctant to sort out my miles and kept talking about a department which dealt with that, but who I could not speak to.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Who did you speak to at Amex ? The frontline CS person who answered the phone seemed very reluctant to sort out my miles and kept talking about a department which dealt with that, but who I could not speak to.
My call was in relation to the refer-a-friend bonus. I hadn't been given the additional miles.

I first spoke to a girl called Alice based in Brighton who was very helpful and said she would pass it on to the appropriate department (last week).

Then a girl called Natalie called me 2 days ago telling me where to get details of the refer a friend. I explained it was the missing bonus miles I was looking for. She apologised and said if we both called quoting each others cards we would get the miles added. Fine I thought

2 minutes later she called me back. She said, for security it would be easier for me to give my friends name and address and then she would look for it herself. I did and she said she would call me back when she had found the account.

A few minutes later I got the call, she explained she had found the account and had credited our accounts with the bonus miles (4,000 for me, 1,000 for my g/f). She also said that my AMEX Xmas bonus had been added to my account yesterday.

So helpful! I just can't understand why it takes BA 7 days!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 9:47 am

Looks like flights with BA Citiflyer don't count

Anyone had any luck with them getting to count?
Old Mar 22, 2008, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
I travelled the requisite 4 round trips in J some weeks ago but am yet to see any bonus miles post. Should I assume this will happen in April or should I get concerned? I need the miles for an Xmas trip so am keen to get them!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 3:21 am

Programs: Tesco Blue, Library Card
I've done 3x CE returns over the promotional period and so I may be due some bonus miles. That said I haven't been paying attention to which fare types I've been booking, how can I check that retrospectively?

Update: worked it out, only one qualifying return flight... grrr.

Last edited by theaxe; Mar 23, 2008 at 3:33 am
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by brentford77
I travelled the requisite 4 round trips in J some weeks ago but am yet to see any bonus miles post. Should I assume this will happen in April or should I get concerned? I need the miles for an Xmas trip so am keen to get them!
Were they all the same J type? I received all mine at the same time as the miles - so with the 2nd return miles, 3rd return miles, 4th return miles.

I think I did another 3 or so returns, but as they were all CE I'll have to stick with 30K and pass up on the juicy CW & transatlantic bonuses.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 2:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Were they all the same J type? I received all mine at the same time as the miles - so with the 2nd return miles, 3rd return miles, 4th return miles.

I think I did another 3 or so returns, but as they were all CE I'll have to stick with 30K and pass up on the juicy CW & transatlantic bonuses.
Yes, I think so. Two were NYC where we have a corporate net fare in J however the t&c state that corporate negotiated fares are included (and in previous years they have been). The other two were LHR/SFO//SEA/LHR and LHR/SFO//YYC/LHRrespectively. Not sure if the open jaw might confuse the system? I also had a LHR/KWI//AUH/LHR thrown in...all in J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.