Tesco and BA [2008 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Die Hard
New Offer: If you dont already know this www.uswitch.com are offering 1000 CC points for switching UK electricity/gas supplier to Eon. In addition, 1 CC point for each £1 on bill. So thereafter. Sounds good deal or should we avoid?? Found it on the Tesco website
Go to Eon via Quidco and you get £60 for a dual fuel switch (it says £41 but it actually tracks at £60 - did it myself last week). Better than 2,400 BA Miles.

However, a little bird told me that if you go direct and then ring up Eon to ask for your 'missing' 1000 clubcard points you will get them anyway ....
Old Jan 8, 2008, 2:27 am

Programs: Virgin Flyer Club, BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
However, a little bird told me that if you go direct and then ring up Eon to ask for your 'missing' 1000 clubcard points you will get them anyway ....
Thanks Raffles

I will have a look at Quidco. Could you explian in a bit more detail what you mean in your final para. Didnt quite understand "go direct and then ring up" . Do you mean do the deal with Quidco and later contact Eon and ask where the CC points are?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
What I mean is - ring E.On later and tell them that you went through uswitch (even though you used Quidco) or simply that there was a 1k promo on when you joined. They seem to have no way of checking this and will give you the miles anyway. So I've been told.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 8:50 am

FAO Raffles:

It looks like the recycling mobile offer has been updated. It now looks like 300 or 100 points (depending if phone works). You can also do online and may get additional tesco vouchers (£5 to £70) if you have a phone on their list of around 200 phones. I have a load of old phones so should be be quids and points in! Might be worth double checking

Regards
Old Jan 8, 2008, 9:22 am

After reading about the E.on offer and seeing that i would save nearly £400 a year, i noticed it has now changed to 500 Tesco points offered, if you switched. And you still get 1 point per £1

Thanks for bringing this info up, nice way to start the new year
Old Jan 9, 2008, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Anyone thinking of going on a diet for the New Year? If so Tesco are currently offering 1,000 points when you join Tesco Diets.

Info here:

Tesco Diets

Dear Sunrisegirl

Join Tesco Diets today and 1000 clubacard points free!
Click here to get started! http://www.tescodiets.com/index.cfm?...rd&ck_gender=f

Thousands of people have lost weight and improved their health with Tesco Diets. It’s easy to get started – join today for only £2.99 per week (minimum 10 week subscription), and get 1000 clubcard points free!

Click here to join today!

http://www.tescodiets.com/index.cfm?...rd&ck_gender=f

REASONS TO JOIN
+ Weekly shopping lists
+ Expert advice
+ Ongoing support
+ Online Weigh-ins
+ Diet mentor
+ Fitness plan

Only £2.99 per week!

*Minimum 10 weeks initial membership required
Old Jan 9, 2008, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
I had no end of trouble trying to get my 1,000 points last time this was offered. I never did get them.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:41 am

Programs: BA, BMI, NZ, SQ
- Free Delivery & Double Clubcard Points On Selected Large Kitchen Appliances.
http://direct.tesco.com/q/buylist/id.1844.aspx

- If you use your Tesco credit card to pay then it's an extra 999 clubcard points.
http://www.tescofinance.com/personal...exclusives.jsp
Old Jan 10, 2008, 11:09 am

Help Required please re CODES

I tried to use the special code for FLOWERS as listed on OP "TFXR-TYEM44". However, on entering the code @ Checkout I got the response: "Sorry, the code ‘TFXR-TYEM44’ could not be accepted as you do not qualify for this promotion. Tip: Please ensure that your account has your most up to date Clubcard details set in the ‘My Account’ section to ensure that we verify your details correctly. Ref: EC1007"

Anyone any ideas as to why this happened? Do I need to be a member of some club to qualify?
Old Jan 10, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Die Hard
as as to why this happened? Do I need to be a member of some club to qualify?
It looks as though you probably had to have been targetted for the flowers code to work.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA IHG
6000 clubcard points with tesco car insurance

received this in an email today from Tesco Personal Finance :-

6000 Extra Clubcard points with Tesco Car Insurance
Pay with your Tesco Credit Card when you take out Tesco Car Insurance before 31 March 2008 and you'll receive 500 Clubcard Points every month for a whole year.
That's 6000 points in total.

Click here and enter code: ccpoints0108
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:13 pm

XX-CNLK didn't work for me... anyone else managed to get it to work?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
received this in an email today from Tesco Personal Finance :-

6000 Extra Clubcard points with Tesco Car Insurance
Pay with your Tesco Credit Card when you take out Tesco Car Insurance before 31 March 2008 and you'll receive 500 Clubcard Points every month for a whole year.
That's 6000 points in total.

Click here and enter code: ccpoints0108
Any more details on this offer? I couldn't see any mention of it on the tesco site. I'm concerned that it might only apply to payment by monthly instalments where a hefty 24% credit charge applies. If that's the case, I'd rather use Amex towards my 2-4-1 voucher.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:44 am

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Raffles
What I mean is - ring E.On later and tell them that you went through uswitch (even though you used Quidco) or simply that there was a 1k promo on when you joined. They seem to have no way of checking this and will give you the miles anyway. So I've been told.
can confirm that this is what I did and got the Quidco and Tesco Bonus Points, I also got a year of free gas as well as Powergen messed things up and I refused to let them backdate (I was on phone monthly to them asking for bills) so ll in all a v good return
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by Gizmos
can confirm that this is what I did and got the Quidco and Tesco Bonus Points, I also got a year of free gas as well as Powergen messed things up and I refused to let them backdate (I was on phone monthly to them asking for bills) so ll in all a v good return
I also did very well out of Powergen in a similar situation. When they FINALLY got round to invoicing us for gas, they refunded all the money we'd paid for our electricity on the single-fuel tarriff for about 3.5 years, and then only charged us for a few months on the duel-fuel one. I think we ended up in pocket by over £1k...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.