Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access with mileage upgrade flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Lounge access with mileage upgrade flight

Have used BA miles to upgrade family from WTP to Club World on LHR to JFK. Do I get lounge access on this ticket? BA agent thought not as original ticket was WTP but I assumed if boarding card was Club World then should get into lounge ok. Anyone been turned away using this type of upgrade?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I have never been turned away from the club lounge on a miles upgraded ticket, and neither should you!!
The (wrong) information from the agent may have occured because an Involuntary upgrade to Club won't get you in... enjoy the lounge!^
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Welcome to Flyertalk!

When you have upgraded with miles, or have a full award you are treated like any paying Club World passenger (with exception of miles and tier points earned of course!). Enjoy the lounges!

You'll probably be directed to the Lounge Pavilion opposite Gate 10 at check-in but go to the Elemis Spa on the lower floor to book an appointment and head to the Gate 1 lounge instead...and head upstairs.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
You will find the answer in the section on spending miles in the Ultimate BA guide on this forum, as well as the answers to many other basic questions.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:03 am

You should be fine My g/f has been upgraded from WT+ to CW flying back from HGK on business and they are told they can't access lounges, etc (not a problem as she's got status). We recently MFUd to CW coming back from JFK and got access to lounges, etc without any problems.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Of course you will have lounge access.
It's an MFU but that doesn't mean that you didn't pay for your miles-you got them because you paid BA money for flights and enough of them entitle you to upgrade to whatever class of travel you have enough for subject to availability.
Your ticket when you do that is no different to an all money ticket in terms of the service you should get including lounge access (except as said,the miles and tp's you earn are based only on the type of ticket you paid money for).
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks everyone for the info. Never been turned away on award flights before but agent at BA call centre seemed adamant we wouldn't have access so thought I'd check it out before trying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.