Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slashed at LGW!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dave_C
I've avoided posting up until now, but like others have commented, I find this vaguely depressing, ill-informed and bordering on xenophobic.
^
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by Dave_C
I've avoided posting up until now, but like others have commented, I find this vaguely depressing, ill-informed and bordering on xenophobic.

bealine is of course fully entitled to his views, and I will fight for the right of anyone to be able to air them, subject to the normal limits of a civilised society.

In this particular case, I have to disagree. As someone who works directly in law enforcement at busy railway stations (very similar in a lot of ways to airports), I can say that in this case he is totally wrong in his assertion that he made above. Where I work, virtually all the issues that I have dealt with to-date are with people who hold British citizenship.

Perhaps if you are so concerned about the state of the country and the leniency of the justice system, instead of reading the Daily Mail, you might actually want to go and do something about it?
Another ^ from me.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by ade99
I have reported it, as it's not clear who would have done it and I don't like those views.

Are we supposed to report to the moderators whenever we see views we "don't like"?

My, I must get busy.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
Are we supposed to report to the moderators whenever we see views we "don't like"?
No. Just those we don't like and also happen to be against the FlyerTalk Terms Of Service.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by graraps
No. Just those we don't like and also happen to be against the FlyerTalk Terms Of Service.
There you go, glad to see someone else with a copy of FT's TOS at hand.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q67

We're all human and prone to the occasional lapse of judgment, so let's move on
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by graraps
That's rather disingenuous. If it's being reported for being against the FT Terms of Service, then it's not being merely reported because ade99 doesn't like the views expressed. Perhaps he should have said that to start with.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
so let's move on
Jolly good. So, is there any evidence that this sort of thing really is a common problem at LGW? More so than at other airports?

The only place I occasionally do leave my belongings unattended for a minute or two (not long enough to cause a security scare!) is in the lounge. Anyone ever had any trouble there? Am I being complacent?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:42 pm

Leaving aside the views expressed by some of the posters in this thread, and back to the original topic, I hope the OP does report it to the police. In fact if any of your are victims of crime, it's essential to report it.

Even if the Police aren't able to identify a suspect, they may be able to use it to identify a pattern of similar offences and direct their resources appropriately to prevent it happening to anyone else in the future. It is important!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
I'd like to thank BAGold Boy for reporting this on here, and hope he does follow up in reporting it to the police.

Perhaps it will serve as a reminder to us all to be extra vigilant at all times, and especially this time of year. I for one will be keeping an even closer watch on things than I normally do.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
That's rather disingenuous. If it's being reported for being against the FT Terms of Service, then it's not being merely reported because ade99 doesn't like the views expressed. Perhaps he should have said that to start with.
Sorry should have been clearer. I've corrected original post too. It wasn't that I didn't like the views, but a lot of the facts made were incorrect. Also I believed that some of the comments were not in line with the FT terms.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 4:13 pm

Okay, so I have been moderated! C'est la vie!
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Why has everyone assumed the motive for the slashing was theft? Maybe someone wanted a closer look at BAGoldBoy 's other assets...
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Why has everyone assumed the motive for the slashing was theft? Maybe someone wanted a closer look at BAGoldBoy 's other assets...
I think PUCCI's the best one to answer this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.