Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 5: FAQ, information and updates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Terminal 5: FAQ, information and updates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Updated the terminal switch table to incorporate the latest news posted by aristoph today. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764523

Flights to BCN, HEL, LIS, MAD and NCE relocate from T1 to T3 in September 2008;
Flights to BKK, SIN and SYD relocate from T4 to T3 in January 2009
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Added a link to JCDecaux Airport UK Ltd's dedicated T5 website to post 1
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by SAGAMAN
Good info thanks. Am probabaly flying to NYC around 30 April.

I wonder if it is a good idea to use T5 on the first day they fly to JFK/EWR or would I be better going a day earlier from T4?
DEFINITELY would avoid T5 during it's first week of operation at least. Unless of course you particularly want to be one of the first to use it and aren't too worried about delays!
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Is there anyway to transfer from T4-T5 landside. Usually when flying YYZ-LHR-MAN I like to use the T4 Arrivals Lounge and then take the HEX to T1. Now for April with the YYZ flights still arriving T4 and the MAN flights departing from T5 will this still be possible or will I be forced to transfer airside?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Seems that many flights (or at least the ones I take!) with dep from T3 so looks like I won't be seeing T5 (or BA!) for quite a while. T3 scrum is not really my thing.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Looks like ALG will move from LGW N to T3 :-(

So looks like the option of going via MAD means your stuck at T3.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Looks like ALG will move from LGW N to T3 :-(

So looks like the option of going via MAD means your stuck at T3.
ALG moves from LGW to T5 on 30 March 2008; then over to T3 in September 2008
Old Dec 11, 2007, 12:52 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Really? That's a bummer

Why move it to 5 and then to 3?
Old Dec 11, 2007, 4:44 am

I don't know where all this info about ALG is coming from, but the timetables quite clearly show it as moving to T5 at the start of the summer season and staying there.

Moving it to T3 at any stage is nonsensical.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spanishflea
I don't know where all this info about ALG is coming from, but the timetables quite clearly show it as moving to T5 at the start of the summer season and staying there.

Moving it to T3 at any stage is nonsensical.
Tis rather. ALG (albeit described as as GT operation) is slated here as moving to T3 with MAD, BCN, LIS et al.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
Tis rather. ALG (albeit described as as GT operation) is slated here as moving to T3 with MAD, BCN, LIS et al.
Hmm yes, that is what was quoted to me in the other thread on this matter.

I can only imagine it is a misplacement, it doesn't tally with any of the info in the Timetables or any level of common sense!
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:46 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Impact of T5 on rail services

(compiled from various sites)

Picadilly line
• When the Piccadilly line Extension opens, Piccadilly line services to Heathrow will operate as follows:
- Central London - T4 (via T4 Loop) - T123 (northern platform) - Central London
- Central London - T123 (southern platform) - T5; this service then reverses as follows) T5 - T123 (northern platform) - Central London
• The current service patterns are as follows:
- Central London - Terminal 4 -Terminals 123 - Central London
• The Piccadilly line extension to Heathrow Terminal 5 is wholly funded by Heathrow Airport Ltd, a subsidiary of BAA. The Terminal 5 station will be operated by BAA via the Heathrow Express Operating Company
• From 13 January 2008, twelve trains per hour will operate each day at peak time from Central London to the Heathrow Branch of the Piccadilly Line
• These services split at Hatton Cross:
- Six trains per hour will travel to Terminal 4, where they will stand for approximately 7 minutes, before returning to Central London via Terminals 123
- The remaining 6 trains per hour will run from Hatton Cross to Terminals 123 and then onto Terminal 5. These return from Terminal 5 to Terminals 123 and then direct to Hatton Cross
- Public service to Terminal 5 commences 27 March 2008
• The combination of these services will provide 6 trains per hour from Central London to Terminals 123 but 12 from Terminals 123 back to Central London.

The Heathrow Express, which is operated by BAA, will have a service that departs from London Paddington Station every 15 minutes and stops at Terminals 123 and Terminal 5. It will not serve Terminal 4 anymore.

The total journey time to Terminal 5 from Paddington will be 23 minutes. Passengers who need to get to Terminal 4 can do so by changing to the free inter-terminal transfer service at Terminals 123.

Heathrow Connect services will be extended from T123 to T4, providing a half-hourly service; alternating with Heathrow Connect would be a half-hourly shuttle service between T123 and T4.

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 12, 2007 at 1:09 am
Old Dec 11, 2007, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze :(
Originally Posted by JOUY31
(compiled from various sites)

Ooh, cheers for compiling that - I was wondering what my options would be for getting there...
Old Dec 11, 2007, 5:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by JOUY31
From 13 January 2008, twelve trains per hour will operate each day at peak time from Central London to the Heathrow Branch of the Piccadilly Line
[...]
- Public service to Terminal 5 commences 27 March 2008
So from 13 January until 26 March, these trains will go to T5 and back empty?
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:57 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
So from 13 January until 26 March, these trains will go to T5 and back empty?
I guess that means, until March 26th, the trains will turn around at T123 without going to T5.

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 12, 2007 at 12:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.