Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1st former GB Route on sale operated by BA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2007, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by frankdjs
Just noticed that BA is selling the route to Palma operated by BA instead of GB.

Schedule is pretty poor:

22:25 01:40 LGW to PMI BA 2708
05:40 07:00 PMI to LGW BA 2703
Aren't these similar to the GB timings? I seem to remember they were equally unattractive, and that BD's LHR - PMI was a much better way to go.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Bukhara
Don't count too strongly on a LGW-ABZ connection being available for much longer Availability has been zapped from 29/3/07 onwards!
CurrentLY 3 LGW-ABZ-LGW rotations per day. Jumps to 4 rotations per weekday / 3 per weekend day from 21 Jan then back to 3 per day from 31 March.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: ba lifetime gold, MAS gold, hhonors gold
I am currently booked on CE from Palma in May at the more civilised departure time of 9.50 - don't fancy the new time. What are my options? Obviously I could cancel my ticket but I don't fancy BM which was one class and pretty dreadful last time I flew that route, IB don't seem to do a direct flight.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:42 am
formerly frankdjs
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold
Unhappy

Just taken a look at available schedules and only airlines flying to Palma from London are:

BMI 1x (2x on Sat) early AM departure from Heathrow
Ryanair 1x Midday from Stansted
Easyjet Various times from LGW, STN and LTN but not for sale yet for Summer 08 - plus former GB flights.
BA 1x late late evening flight.
Monarch couple of times per week.
The charters.

Plus on IB the quick connection via BCN is gone as IB flight between BCN and PMI are going to Clickair.

Not a lot of choice here anymore with a decent airline at a decent time.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Gold,Orchid Silver,QF,BMI, Starwood,Hilton,Hyatt
Where are these details coming from? I've just tried a dummy booking for next June LGW - AGP and it's still showing as op'd by GB.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 3:03 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
BE SOU-PMI is actually starting to look like a rather good proposition.

Afternoon timings, nice little airport, rail link, and the possibility to pre-book some decent (often front-row) seats (which are pretty comfy if they run the E190s).

If only BE could give me a little more confidence on their reliability...
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:43 am

Programs: Meh!
Originally Posted by Spitfire1
Where are these details coming from? I've just tried a dummy booking for next June LGW - AGP and it's still showing as op'd by GB.
I have just booked LGW-AGP out 24th May, back 01 June. It showed both BA flights and GB Airways. BA flights as only just launched were half the price. ^

Thanks to the OP for the heads up. ^
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Gold,Orchid Silver,QF,BMI, Starwood,Hilton,Hyatt
Thanks Halo I've re-visited and realised it must be my eyes.

I've just booked the flights and they came out around 25% cheaper than the equivalent GB prices. I can't understand why they're still quoting GB after April though.

Regarding the PMI flight; the timings are indeed as bad (if not worse) as last years' GB offering. I commented on this some time ago and was offered various alternatives by our learned friends on this board. I originally booked a MON flight from LTN, but after numerous timing changes, moved this to BHX. Nearer to the departure date I realised there was no way I could be comfortable with the scrum and booked again with BD from LHR.
Whilst nowhere near as good as the BA service it was quite good as the planes were only about half full (not surprising considering the price was dearer than a BA CE) and there was plenty of room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.