Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA promotion for European members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Curious, I successfully signed up for the 748 offer in Belgium but my colleague who is also in Belgium and also Gold couldn't.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 11:44 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Can any BAEC Silver Card holders who didn't receive the 751 promo confirm that they were still able to register? Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
I got this offer and i was able to join, I have silver membership:

Dear Mr ly787,

I'm delighted to let you know about our great autumn offer, specially designed for you. Each time you fly between now and 16 December 2007 in Club Europe, Club World or FIRST*, we'll give you thousands of bonus BA Miles.

Take a look to see how many miles you could collect:

2 sectors 10,000 bonus BA Miles 30,000 bonus BA Miles
4 sectors 25,000 bonus BA Miles 70,000 bonus BA Miles
6 sectors 40,000 bonus BA Miles 120,000 bonus BA Miles
8 sectors 60,000 bonus BA Miles 160,000 bonus BA Miles

So for example, a return trip to New York in Club World, with connecting flights via London in Club Europe, will give you 40,000 bonus BA Miles. Do this four times between now and 16 December 2007, and you'll earn 220,000 bonus BA miles - that's two return reward flights** from London to Sydney.

Don't forget, you will also experience all the benefits of our premium cabins each time you fly. New Club World gives you even more privacy, thanks to a touch-button privacy screen - and you can enjoy a blissful night's sleep in the new 6 foot fully flat bed which shifts through a variety of positions - so you'll always be comfortable whether you're working, relaxing or sleeping. And whenever you feel peckish, simply head to the Club Kitchen and help yourself to a snack between meals.

For shorthaul flights, make the most of Club Europe's comforts, such as wider contoured leather seats with extra legroom, and a selection of delicious dishes, all served on Royal Doulton china.

Experience exceptional comfort, luxuriously refined surroundings and outstanding service in FIRST - from your Anya Hindmarch washbag, luxury velvet slippers and sleeper suit to our renowned à la carte menu.

To receive your bonus BA Miles, register before your next flight.

This is about half the points i got in last year's promotion.
Last year they gave me about 120,000 extra points for flying TLV-LHR-JFK-LHR-TLV in CW.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA.com/fr
Un Vol Qualifiant est un vol effectué sur un seul secteur comportant un préfixe BA (services opérés par BA ou en franchise BA et vols en partage de code avec un numéro de vol au préfixe BA inclus) en
Euro Traveller (classe Y)
Club Europe (classes J, C, D)
Club World (classes J, C, D)
FIRST (classes F, A)
Veuillez noter que tous les types de tarifs indiqués sur ba.com sont éligibles pour cette promotion. Pour être certain d’acheter un billet éligible pour cette promotion en réservant sur ba.com, choisissez.
I class does not seem to be eligible, which is rather unusual for the yearly Autumn miles bonanza for Euro-members.
The French version of clause 4 of the T&Cs has an additional sentence (highlighted above) which is rather weird: "Please note that all the tariff types indicated on ba.com are eligible for this promotion. To be sure to choose an eligible ticket when reserving on ba.com, choose."
This seems to contradict what is just before, which limits eligiblity to more specific booking classes (excluding I class).
Old Sep 15, 2007, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by ly787
This is about half the points i got in last year's promotion.
Last year they gave me about 120,000 extra points for flying TLV-LHR-JFK-LHR-TLV in CW.

This is a joke! Without the 'I' Class it is a real waste of time in relation to last years Promo.

I think i might do a BAH-DOH-BAH 4 times and be done with it. Much more cost efficient!!!
Old Sep 15, 2007, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Neither code works for this French Gold member.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 7:44 pm
pdb

I see nothing in the T&Cs which would require R/Ts, so any combination of 4 BA long haul flights would earn 70,000 bonus miles--correct?
Old Sep 16, 2007, 2:40 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by pdb
I see nothing in the T&Cs which would require R/Ts, so any combination of 4 BA long haul flights would earn 70,000 bonus miles--correct?
That's my view too...it is based on sectors, not r/t...
Old Sep 16, 2007, 2:43 am
NoY

Originally Posted by stimpy
Neither code works for this French Gold member.
Strange. Could it be to do with your profile (flights, classes flown etc??)

Have you thought about calling to see if you can register by phone??
Old Sep 16, 2007, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by NoY

Well I didn't receive any email either. So perhaps it isn't spread across 100% of European members? Nor did I see anything on the BA France website under special offers.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:31 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY

I have just spoken to BA in TLV. They informed me that the offer is a randomly "targeted promotion" and only those who have received emails can register.

I find this quite annoying and don't think it is fare to randomly pick members for an offer. Should we not all receive the same rights? If it were Tier associated, one could understand. But my wife is blue and she got it where as I am gold and didn’t!

Anyone got any legal view on this?
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by arir
I find this quite annoying and don't think it is fare to randomly pick members for an offer.
Utter rubbish. It's BA's promotion, BA's rules, BA's choice. They don't have to target ANYONE if they don't want, remember. This is very common - what is the point of targeting someone who flies regularly with incentives...they don't need them. If the point of this is to tempt people to fly more, you can see why they target a Blue over a Gold. And if NOT being targeted means you'll fly with someone else, knock yourself out...maybe in a year if BA think they want to tempt you to fly with them more they'll target you.

Double for that one.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:48 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
What G-BOAC said. ^ ^

ROFLMAO
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
G-BOAC,

Were you invited?
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Were you invited?
Since this is a promo for European members, the chance of me being invited is zero!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.