Wiki Posts
Search

We've been checked-out ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:48 am
jhm
Original Poster

We've been checked-out ?

I OLCI'ed phaleesy and myself last night for LHR-GLA this evening (separate PNRs) but I didn't print out our BPs.

I just went into MMB for each of us to print out our BPs and see that we're now showing as not checked-in and check-in is unavailable.

Is this an ominous sign ? Or is it standard procedure when lots of flights are being cancelled ? I assume they wouldn't/couldn't have checked us out if we'd printed out BPs ?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:09 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Sounds pretty ominous to me. Lots of weather-related delays and cancellations. Hope they haven't cancelled yours.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:22 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by jhm
I assume they wouldn't/couldn't have checked us out if we'd printed out BPs ?
Just as an aside:

Since there is the capability to return later and RE-PRINT boarding passes, I think there is a very good case for always 'printing' your boarding passes at OLCI - even if you don't have a printer available to print them on, especially if you have a good seat.

I get the feeling the seat shifters would be less likely to adjust someone who has 'printed' due to the potential for there to be contradictory passes in circulation and resulting confusion etc. [BA also say you can always turn up without them if you loose them too, so it wouldn't be a problem if you couldn't 'really' print them.]

BUT having said that there is a BA.com bug you need to be aware of:

If you are connecting/through ticketed then ba.com lets you check in (and print BPs) for all your flights at T-24/25 on the first flight.

However if you return to OLCI later to re-print, the later flights show as "not available to check-in yet" and remain this way until their own T-24/25, despite the fact that you are already checked in.

This could present a problem if you will therefore be unable to print a PB you need while travelling (millage runs etc).

Not sure if this problem presents itself if you don't 'print' within the system.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The BA1482 due to arrive GLA at 13:10 has not even taken off yet.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
The BA1482 due to arrive GLA at 13:10 has not even taken off yet.
Above now Expected 1725
So I expect BA will consolidate some later flights.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Since there is the capability to return later and RE-PRINT boarding passes, I think there is a very good case for always 'printing' your boarding passes at OLCI - even if you don't have a printer available to print them on, especially if you have a good seat.
I print a lot to .pdf files when I don't have a printer available and then do hard copies when the opportunity presents. The times when I've needed to do that have made the purchase of Adobe Acrobat very worthwhile indeed.

You can do the same thing with the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer, if you have Office but not Acrobat. There may even be a shareware/freeware utility out there someplace which does this too.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always print TWO copies of the PYOBP.

Just in case some moron grabs it off you, to scribble a new seat number on. I can still board, and plonk myself in the original seat, and claim I know nothing when someone else comes along with the same NP.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mwalsh
There may even be a shareware/freeware utility out there someplace which does this too.
Indeed, there are gazillions of freeware acrobat converters that will allow you to print to a pdf file.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:29 am
jhm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAAZ
Hope they haven't cancelled yours.
Flight now showing as cancelled ... ho hum.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by NickB
Indeed, there are gazillions of freeware acrobat converters that will allow you to print to a pdf file.
Correct. I've had good results with PDF995 - http://pdf995.com/
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by jhm
I OLCI'ed phaleesy and myself last night for LHR-GLA this evening (separate PNRs) but I didn't print out our BPs.

I just went into MMB for each of us to print out our BPs and see that we're now showing as not checked-in and check-in is unavailable.

Is this an ominous sign ? Or is it standard procedure when lots of flights are being cancelled ? I assume they wouldn't/couldn't have checked us out if we'd printed out BPs ?
At least nobody has pinched your seat(s) this time...
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by BAAZ
Sounds pretty ominous to me. Lots of weather-related delays and cancellations. Hope they haven't cancelled yours.
Not having heavy rain again down south are you?

Up here in Glasgow it's been a dry day and is now a lovely sunny evening.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by mwalsh
I print a lot to .pdf files when I don't have a printer available and then do hard copies when the opportunity presents. The times when I've needed to do that have made the purchase of Adobe Acrobat very worthwhile indeed.

You can do the same thing with the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer, if you have Office but not Acrobat. There may even be a shareware/freeware utility out there someplace which does this too.
Or, if you have a mac, print to pdf is avaiable from the word go in any program.

The pdf route is actually the one I go down normally too. Didn't want to include it above for fear of too much in one post.

If using IE (*shudder*) doing a "save webpage (complete)" or what every they call it might also be an option - never tried it.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
I always print TWO copies of the PYOBP.

Just in case some moron grabs it off you, to scribble a new seat number on. I can still board, and plonk myself in the original seat, and claim I know nothing when someone else comes along with the same NP.
Or, as allegedly happened to a friend of mine (though I havn't had the chance to hear any detail yet), some moron at Madrid spots a later flight BP accidentally given to her along with the correct one, examines it, then RIPS IT UP saying "You're not allowed to have this yet because you're flying 'tourist'!?!?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by David-A
Or, if you have a mac, print to pdf is avaiable from the word go in any program...
But not a spelling checker?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.