Search

We've been checked-out ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 4:36 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
I always print TWO copies of the PYOBP.

Just in case some moron grabs it off you, to scribble a new seat number on. I can still board, and plonk myself in the original seat, and claim I know nothing when someone else comes along with the same NP.
Unless of course the new seat is much better than the original.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 4:01 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
But not a spelling checker?
So I missed out an 'l', I know I've posted far worse.
Sadly my spelling has always been somewhat flexible, but that however was just a non-registered key press.

<aside>
Actually, the Mac does have a keyboard issue that p's me off:

The tiny "Mac mini" (footprint the size of a CD) is sold on the basis of BYOKDM - Bring your own Keyboard, Display and Mouse. I.e. If you are converting to the Mac from PC you can try it out with stuff used with your Windows PC.

However Apple, in their infinite wisdom, decided years ago that the Apple 'UK' keyboard layout would be slightly different to the standardised UK keyboard used by everyone else. So when you plug a UK USB keyboard in (made by anyone other than Apple) all they keys are in the wrong places, and there is no OS option to say you are using a proper keyboard layout, you've go to hack the files.

The Apple UK layout isn't even the American layout, its some kind of basterdised hybrid. It's ok if you actually have a Apple kbd, but I now have three layouts to deal with daily - UK, US and Apple UK.

</aside>

Last edited by David-A; Jul 21, 2007 at 4:16 am
Old Jul 21, 2007, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by David-A
If using IE (*shudder*) doing a "save webpage (complete)" or what every they call it might also be an option - never tried it.
I think that option on a PC would not work properly.

It doesn't work really for session based activities as the boarding card to print is opened up in a secure webpage which I would guess cannot be re-created after the event (hence the whole point of it being secure!).

Print to *.pdf is different as the system 'thinks' Adobe Acrobat is a printer hence spools accordingly - just into a file instead of a physical printer. Very versatile as any application which can use printers can then therefore create PDFs.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by flyclub
I think that option on a PC would not work properly.

It doesn't work really for session based activities as the boarding card to print is opened up in a secure webpage which I would guess cannot be re-created after the event (hence the whole point of it being secure!).
It comes down to a question of whether:

1. If, when saving a webpage (using either the 'complete' method - which creates a local folder for linked content, or the 'archive' method which bundles it), IE will try and pull a fresh copy and direct it to file, OR it is capable of saving what it has already recieved (and used to render the page) to file.
I *understood* they were keen to allow saving the already pulled content so that users would have the ability to save recipts and confirmations etc of online transactions without disrupting the process.

2. Whether BA.com will cope with a request for the BP page again if IE asks for one. (I actually have a feeling it might, since no data is changing in this stage - i.e. it is a lookup, not transactional.)

3. Whether the fact or method of loading the BP inside an iframe will have any impact on the ablity to do this within IE - either accedentally or deliberate method.

(Obviously it is only the iframe contents we contemplating saving, not the wrapper page)

Print to *.pdf is different as the system 'thinks' Adobe Acrobat is a printer hence spools accordingly - just into a file instead of a physical printer. Very versatile as any application which can use printers can then therefore create PDFs.
Agreed. (Obviously!) ^

Last edited by David-A; Jul 21, 2007 at 8:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.