Wiki Posts
Search

New Lounges at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New Lounges at LAX

Anyone got an update for when the new lounges will be open?

I see someone else has got their lounges open:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/press...thAmerica.html

Passengers at the lounge will be able to enjoy an assortment of food and beverages from the home countries of the resident Star Alliance airlines. There will be a rotating selection of premium wines, champagnes and beers from the USA and also from Germany, Korea, Japan, Switzerland, Singapore and Thailand. Depending on the time of day, appropriate breakfast, lunch and dinner foods will be served, including hot soups, noodles and sushi.

Good grief. Bratwurst and Pissenwasser.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Interesting - however the temporary lounge wasn't as bad as I'd have thought.

I did well booking Air New Zealand in September by the looks of it to fly back to LHR.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I don't think NZ use TBIT (T2?), flyclub, and I thought that was the only place the lounges were being re-done? Happy to be proved wrong!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: BA
G-BOAC is correct, Air NZ don't use TBIT, but Terminal 2. The following *A airlines do use TBIT: ANA, Asiana, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, SWISS and THAI.

http://www.lawa.org/lax/terminalMap.cfm
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:24 am

Looks good. I like this 'move under one roof' concept. I do hope that oneworld takes the opportunity to pool resources on a high quality common lounge at LHR T3.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by jamespvg
Looks good. I like this 'move under one roof' concept. I do hope that oneworld takes the opportunity to pool resources on a high quality common lounge at LHR T3.
From the linked article:

Star Alliance is currently developing two other lounges at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 1 and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Terminal 1, both slated to open in 2008.
So a shared lounge is coming, and will be open once all the T5 transfers have taken place and *A has moved to T1.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:34 am
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Excellent news! We've been waiting for this for a long time. After reading the press release, I'm wondering if the lounge will be big enough -- the release said that it would accommodate 260 passengers. That's not that many for all the airlines that will be using the lounge during peak hours. But I can't wait to try it out.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 2:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
I don't think NZ use TBIT (T2?), flyclub, and I thought that was the only place the lounges were being re-done? Happy to be proved wrong!
Indeed NZ uses T2 and has its own very nice lounge (probably the nicest of all at LAX).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.