Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Stopovers on 241

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:47 am
Original Poster

No Stopovers on 241

I recently and stupidly triggered my amex 241 two weeks early. I received a voucher dated the 14th of July 2007. This voucher was meant to be used on a flight from manchester to vancouver on the 29th of July 2008.

I rang BAEC and AMEX to unsympathetic ears.

I asked the question - could I fly to london on the 12th of July 2008- stopover and connect to vancouver on the 29th. The answer was no.

I was advised that stopovers are no longer allowed on 241 unless it is due to operational reasons. This could cause problems especially on the long haul trips to oz.

My apologises if everyone knew this but I didnt.

Lesson learned

Any ideas for a 241 trip in March 2008!!!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kpriestnal
I asked the question - could I fly to london on the 12th of July 2008- stopover and connect to vancouver on the 29th. The answer was no.
Try and call again, and ask the same question. I think it depends who you get through to.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Mexico is great in March ...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540451
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by kpriestnal

I was advised that stopovers are no longer allowed on 241 unless it is due to operational reasons. This could cause problems especially on the long haul trips to oz.
I think stopovers are still allowed (so could still stopover in SIN on the way to OZ) - but what isn't allowed (unless you get lucky) is not completing the outbound part of the trip by the voucher expiry date.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Just booked a 241 yesterday London-St Lucia-London with a stopover in Antigua on the way back.

When I asked for it though I was told it was not possible so I said I had called 2 weeks ago to check and was told at that time it was. Agent typed it into his computer and lo and behold, it was possible :-)

Last edited by SpudGun; Jul 19, 2007 at 11:49 am
Old Jul 19, 2007, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC, Skywards, KLM
Originally Posted by SpudGun
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Just booked a 241 yesterday London-St Lucia-London with a stopover in Antigua on the way back.

When I asked for it though I was told it was not possible so I said I had called 2 weeks ago to check and was told at that time it was. Agent typed it into his computer and lo and behold, it was possible :-)

SpudGun When is this? I can't see any award Club availability beyond Sept/Oct on this route.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:14 am

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints

Originally Posted by Sean Bhalach
Originally Posted by SpudGun

SpudGun When is this? I can't see any award Club availability beyond Sept/Oct on this route.
Sadly had to go wtp out and wt back! I want to cancel my BA amex and my aniversary is next month so the voucher had to be burned!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.