Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Terraces Lounge IAD Access for oneWorld emerald member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa exp, 4.4mm; hh diamond

Has anyone had occasion to use this club? I'm flying Iberia 6188 on 9/3, on an I fare (although my OW emerald status should qualify me, anyway). I'm wondering if access is regularly denied because of capacity issues, and, if so, how early do I need to get there to avoid being denied entry. ASWU (a search was unsuccessful), but if I missed something, I would welcome hearing how I could have found the answer without starting a new thread.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: AA 1MM
IB ticket. BA lounge. AA relevance?
Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:18 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by JumboD
AA relevance?
The OP's AA status.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by sinanju
The OP's AA status.
Wouldn't matter who it's with as long as it's OW status. Nothing AA-specific here. This would be better posted on the BA or IB boards.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:42 am
Suspended

Here is a photo of the IAD Lounge

Last edited by krug; Jul 13, 2007 at 12:16 pm
Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by haruspex
Has anyone had occasion to use this club? I'm flying Iberia 6188 on 9/3, on an I fare (although my OW emerald status should qualify me, anyway). I'm wondering if access is regularly denied because of capacity issues, and, if so, how early do I need to get there to avoid being denied entry. ASWU (a search was unsuccessful), but if I missed something, I would welcome hearing how I could have found the answer without starting a new thread.

Have a good trip
http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...irline-lounges
Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

The reason I posted on the AA forum was because of the myriad reports of explats being denied access to BA lounges. I only wanted to know if this has happened at IAD. I didn't think that IB or BA emeralds would have much to say in this situation.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:24 pm

Emerald or Sapphire level top-tier members of oneworld® airlines' frequent flyer programmes have access to almost 500 departure lounges across the globe, no matter which oneworld airline you are flying.

In all cases, lounge access eligibility is based on:

Departing carrier - you must be flying on your next onward segment, on the same day, on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline AND
Frequent flyer tier status - you must present a current frequent flyer card equivalent to oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status,
OR
Class of travel - you must produce a First or Business Class boarding pass for the journey's international segment on the same day.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:25 pm

AA Admirals Club
Location details: Terminal D across from Gate D26
Opening hours: Sun-Fri 05:30-19:30; Sat 05:30-18:00

BA Terraces / FIRST Lounge
Location details: Airside
Opening hours: Daily 15:00-21:00
Notes: Access to FIRST Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class
Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by haruspex
The reason I posted on the AA forum was because of the myriad reports of explats being denied access to BA lounges. I only wanted to know if this has happened at IAD. I didn't think that IB or BA emeralds would have much to say in this situation.
Hi haruspex,

I have only heard of Explats having problems at MIA not at any other BA lounges ( as long as they have their Explat card with them)

You should not have a problem at IAD.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, TBS, that's the reassurance I was hoping for.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
BA Terraces at IAD

Originally Posted by Aleks
AA Admirals Club
Location details: Terminal D across from Gate D26
Opening hours: Sun-Fri 05:30-19:30; Sat 05:30-18:00

BA Terraces / FIRST Lounge
Location details: Airside
Opening hours: Daily 15:00-21:00
Notes: Access to FIRST Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class
Earlier this year, I flew out of IAD on the flight which is supposed to leave at around 22:00. It was delayed for 4 hours and we left just after 02:00 in the morning (amazing the airport let us take off). BA kept the lounge open for us, though it looked a bit like a refugee camp when we left
There was enough room for all of us, even though most of us were catnapping.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by Aleks
Emerald or Sapphire level top-tier members of oneworld® airlines' frequent flyer programmes have access to almost 500 departure lounges across the globe, no matter which oneworld airline you are flying.

In all cases, lounge access eligibility is based on:

Departing carrier - you must be flying on your next onward segment, on the same day, on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline AND
Frequent flyer tier status - you must present a current frequent flyer card equivalent to oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status,
OR
Class of travel - you must produce a First or Business Class boarding pass for the journey's international segment on the same day.
Yeah you can quote that till you're blue in the face to the dragon and he still won't let you in - as happened to me. On the other hand, on another occasion I entered the F IAD lounge and the lovely lady dragon there didn't have a problem - though did look at my AA BP for a little before letting me and a guest in.

Upshot is - seems it's dragon dependant.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Hmm...I was only trying to get into the Terraces, but it sounds like I might be eligible for the F lounge with my emerald status and an IB business class boarding pass. I passed by the F door the day before yesterday, and the sign read "first class", with no additional qualifications.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:41 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Weren't the problems at MIA due to the BA lounge not being a Terraces lounge but being shared? AFAIK an Emerald will always be able to access a BA Terraces lounge. (Anyway, if you're denied access because it's full, it probably wouldn't have been a very pleasant experience anyway.) Good luck and have a good trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.