FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Terraces Lounge IAD Access for oneWorld emerald member (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/713556-terraces-lounge-iad-access-oneworld-emerald-member.html)

haruspex Jul 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Terraces Lounge IAD Access for oneWorld emerald member

Has anyone had occasion to use this club? I'm flying Iberia 6188 on 9/3, on an I fare (although my OW emerald status should qualify me, anyway). I'm wondering if access is regularly denied because of capacity issues, and, if so, how early do I need to get there to avoid being denied entry. ASWU (a search was unsuccessful), but if I missed something, I would welcome hearing how I could have found the answer without starting a new thread.

JumboD Jul 13, 2007 11:13 am

IB ticket. BA lounge. AA relevance?

sinanju Jul 13, 2007 11:18 am

Originally Posted by JumboD (Post 8051344)
AA relevance?

The OP's AA status.

JumboD Jul 13, 2007 11:36 am

Originally Posted by sinanju (Post 8051373)
The OP's AA status.

Wouldn't matter who it's with as long as it's OW status. Nothing AA-specific here. This would be better posted on the BA or IB boards.

krug Jul 13, 2007 11:42 am

Here is a photo of the IAD Lounge

DataPlumber Jul 13, 2007 11:50 am

Originally Posted by haruspex (Post 8047421)
Has anyone had occasion to use this club? I'm flying Iberia 6188 on 9/3, on an I fare (although my OW emerald status should qualify me, anyway). I'm wondering if access is regularly denied because of capacity issues, and, if so, how early do I need to get there to avoid being denied entry. ASWU (a search was unsuccessful), but if I missed something, I would welcome hearing how I could have found the answer without starting a new thread.

Have a good trip
http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...irline-lounges

haruspex Jul 13, 2007 1:06 pm

The reason I posted on the AA forum was because of the myriad reports of explats being denied access to BA lounges. I only wanted to know if this has happened at IAD. I didn't think that IB or BA emeralds would have much to say in this situation.

Aleks Jul 13, 2007 1:24 pm

Emerald or Sapphire level top-tier members of oneworld® airlines' frequent flyer programmes have access to almost 500 departure lounges across the globe, no matter which oneworld airline you are flying.

In all cases, lounge access eligibility is based on:

Departing carrier - you must be flying on your next onward segment, on the same day, on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline AND
Frequent flyer tier status - you must present a current frequent flyer card equivalent to oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status,
OR
Class of travel - you must produce a First or Business Class boarding pass for the journey's international segment on the same day.

Aleks Jul 13, 2007 1:25 pm

AA Admirals Club
Location details: Terminal D across from Gate D26
Opening hours: Sun-Fri 05:30-19:30; Sat 05:30-18:00

BA Terraces / FIRST Lounge
Location details: Airside
Opening hours: Daily 15:00-21:00
Notes: Access to FIRST Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

The _Banking_Scot Jul 13, 2007 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by haruspex (Post 8052018)
The reason I posted on the AA forum was because of the myriad reports of explats being denied access to BA lounges. I only wanted to know if this has happened at IAD. I didn't think that IB or BA emeralds would have much to say in this situation.

Hi haruspex,

I have only heard of Explats having problems at MIA not at any other BA lounges ( as long as they have their Explat card with them)

You should not have a problem at IAD.

Regards

TBS

haruspex Jul 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks, TBS, that's the reassurance I was hoping for.

catandmouse Jul 13, 2007 1:47 pm

BA Terraces at IAD

Originally Posted by Aleks (Post 8052092)
AA Admirals Club
Location details: Terminal D across from Gate D26
Opening hours: Sun-Fri 05:30-19:30; Sat 05:30-18:00

BA Terraces / FIRST Lounge
Location details: Airside
Opening hours: Daily 15:00-21:00
Notes: Access to FIRST Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

Earlier this year, I flew out of IAD on the flight which is supposed to leave at around 22:00. It was delayed for 4 hours and we left just after 02:00 in the morning (amazing the airport let us take off). BA kept the lounge open for us, though it looked a bit like a refugee camp when we left:eek:
There was enough room for all of us, even though most of us were catnapping.

alect Jul 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Aleks (Post 8052085)
Emerald or Sapphire level top-tier members of oneworld® airlines' frequent flyer programmes have access to almost 500 departure lounges across the globe, no matter which oneworld airline you are flying.

In all cases, lounge access eligibility is based on:

Departing carrier - you must be flying on your next onward segment, on the same day, on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline AND
Frequent flyer tier status - you must present a current frequent flyer card equivalent to oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status,
OR
Class of travel - you must produce a First or Business Class boarding pass for the journey's international segment on the same day.

Yeah you can quote that till you're blue in the face to the dragon and he still won't let you in - as happened to me. On the other hand, on another occasion I entered the F IAD lounge and the lovely lady dragon there didn't have a problem - though did look at my AA BP for a little before letting me and a guest in.

Upshot is - seems it's dragon dependant.

haruspex Jul 20, 2007 8:59 pm

Hmm...I was only trying to get into the Terraces, but it sounds like I might be eligible for the F lounge with my emerald status and an IB business class boarding pass. I passed by the F door the day before yesterday, and the sign read "first class", with no additional qualifications.

BAAZ Jul 21, 2007 12:41 am

Weren't the problems at MIA due to the BA lounge not being a Terraces lounge but being shared? AFAIK an Emerald will always be able to access a BA Terraces lounge. (Anyway, if you're denied access because it's full, it probably wouldn't have been a very pleasant experience anyway.) Good luck and have a good trip.