Search

Guests in First

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Ground benefits apply to the paid ticket
On most airlines the class of travel, not the paid class, determines the benefits. The exception of course being when upgrade clears at the gate or onboard.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I have been fairly vigorously ejected from the CCR twice at LHR - 'you can't come in here, you have to go downstairs' .
Technically I've also been refused entry to the F lounge at BOS as well, (but I was on a WT+ [I think] ticket that hadn't been changed into a Club ticket yet) and we were told by the dragon that the lounge was very busy, so a gold card wouldn't get me, my mum & the holder (both in club) in. [For more detail see here My ticket was changed shortly after we walked into the terraces, so I was then sitting next to my folks for the flight.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Jun 20, 2007 at 7:07 pm
Old Jun 20, 2007, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by spanishflea
On my CPT flight the other day the chap behind me had a guest from the time the seat belt sign was switched off, until the upper deck purser came down and informed the guest his dinner was ready.
I don't know how people can find the F buddy seats comfortable for more than a few minutes. I've not got a large rear but the last time I flew F with my wife I joined her for dinner. I was struggling for comfort by the time dessert was served and jamming the pillows and various bit of blanket didn't do much to help! Maybe being in the US for almost 2yrs is taking its toll on me
Old Jun 21, 2007, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Nicksta
This September, I'm flying F PHX>LHR>DXB and back. My buddies are in the back of the bus - what do you think the odds are that we could champagne toast my 30th birthday up in F during the flight? It will actually be my birthday and we're celebrating by having my party in Dubai. I have no BA status, sadly! I hear they snicker at your Star Alliance cards in the UK!
As stated you can invite your buddies one at a time into First for a glass or two of champagne. Tell the crew it's your birthday and I am sure they will make it a birthday to remember.
CIHY
Old Jun 21, 2007, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nicksta
This September, I'm flying F PHX>LHR>DXB and back. My buddies are in the back of the bus - what do you think the odds are that we could champagne toast my 30th birthday up in F during the flight? It will actually be my birthday and we're celebrating by having my party in Dubai. I have no BA status, sadly! I hear they snicker at your Star Alliance cards in the UK!
Only because the Star Alliance airline in the UK gives out Gold cards like there's a card printing machine that can't be turned off, and keeps churning those things out.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Only because the Star Alliance airline in the UK gives out Gold cards like there's a card printing machine that can't be turned off, and keeps churning those things out.
... but does prove strangely effective as a marketing tool.

I have a sneaking feeling that 'open skies' may lead to another *A status match early in 2008 as BMI and United gear up to offer their new US services .
Old Jun 21, 2007, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GGL
I think the OP should wander down into Y wearing the First pyjamas and carrying a glass of champers. When there, exclaim surprise at how small and crammed together the seats are...
Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Irish lad
I think the OP should wander down into Y wearing the First pyjamas and carrying a glass of champers. When there, exclaim surprise at how small and crammed together the seats are...
I laughed reading this because it had occured to me. Hey, I'm footing the bill, so I should be so entitled for once!

Thanks for the advice - I'm so looking forward to this trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.