Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA back to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Yes, the skybites gold is the bird seed.

Also the birdseed is now being served on the LHR-EDI run ( the 1515 flight from LHR-EDI on Mon)

Regards

TBS
Was mildly alarmed to be offered some of the birdseed as the complimentary snack on a Midland Mainline train from Derby this morning (but cunningly disguised as 'Trackbites Gold' - otherwise identical). They also seem to be serving tea or coffee from the same flask (I think they just don't wash them out properly - I'm thinking of calling it Toffea).
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
Thanks for the advice. Sadly owing to personal circumstances wont get that break, will visit later in the year.

Done FR on the route and only because it was convenient, and yes they let me down so never again. The premium to be paid for when things go wrong is just not worth it.

Would have gone WOW, better choice of timings and they remind me of Bryon whom I miss.

I looked at the Sleeper Train, and I often prefer this as a travel choice, just went overnight Butterworth to Kuala Lumpur (KMT's trains dont run on time either!), but the website would not allow me to book this online.
Sorry you won't get your trip, FYI, you need to call FGW telesales, if you can't get any joy online, they are on 0845 7000 125 (in the UK) or +44 (0)1793 499400 from overseas.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
as this thread has come up again, does anyone know what the loads have been like on this route since BA brought it back ?
Old Apr 22, 2007, 4:06 pm

Has anybody any recommendations for a hotel in NQY? Going on a stag weekend in July(not my choice ) so a lot of places are sold out and need to be near the centre. Don't really want to stay in a B and B were it feels like you are staying in somebodys house.

Has anybody stayed at The Bay or The Esplanade hotel, they seem to receive mixed reviews on tripadvisor and I am a vey fussy when it comes to hotels and cleanliness. Stopped at the Headland a couple of years ago and was not very impressed.

As an alternative is there anywhere where you can park up overnight, as i could take the 4WD down put the seats down and sleep in there, and catch showers in some of the other guys rooms.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
iv not stayed in any of them to be honest (why would i living 20 mins away!) but iv been to several events at both the hotel Bristol which is very close to town centre and quite good and iv recently been to a wedding at the headland which seems to of had quite a bit of money spent on it recently.

the food and general standard at both of the above are quite good, but if you want close to town centre and within staggering distance i would go for the Bristol, its a bestwestern hotel so the standard is the same as the other hotels in the chain.

hope that you enjoy your stag doo! need any other info message me and ill see if i can help.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by westers
I am a vey fussy when it comes to hotels and cleanliness.
You must have a very clean car There's a full list of overnight car parks here on the Restormel website if that helps.

A friend stayed at the Headland last August and it seemed to have been improved a wee bit but, as you''ll have seen, it's all relative in Newquay. I went to a family event at the Bristol up on Narrowcliff a couple of years back - it was certainly well-kept even if not very well-apppointed. Handy for the station.

Have fun It's not the last weekend in July, perhance?
Old Apr 22, 2007, 5:43 pm

Thanks Simon,

Unfortunately The Bristol is sold out for my dates. The Headland is 125 quid a night which i don't really want to pay for a stag do.

I might book The Bay, i think anything would be better than the 5 to a room with 1 shower that some of the lads have booked into.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 5:55 pm

Thanks ajamieson for the link. The car would be even cleaner after the weekend after a thorough sweep for incriminating evidence.

It's mid July for me, are you down there on a stag do at the end of July or just hoping not to be on the same weekend as some drunken idots.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 6:05 pm

No, no - just down to do a bit of work on my mum's house. Fortunately, it is not within maurauding distance of Newquay (further towards Falmouth) but I do make an effort to have at least one irresponsible night on the north coast every year
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone around at LGW who knows why today's 2972 to NQY is 2 hours late. Hasn't left LGW yet. Can't see any incoming delays that would have caused this.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Anyone around at LGW who knows why today's 2972 to NQY is 2 hours late. Hasn't left LGW yet. Can't see any incoming delays that would have caused this.
I'm not there, but could it be weather? Maybe some storms in the area, though I hear tornadoes are expected tomorrow due to those arriving there
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps Truro City Hall's Homeland Security Department is doing background checks on the emmets on board.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:55 am

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Perhaps Truro City Hall's Homeland Security Department is doing background checks on the emmets on board.
Here's hoping! Bloody foreigners! Border crossings at the Tamar bridge and Launceston. Free to get into Cornwall, but you have to pay to get out! Emmet tax!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
I'm not there, but could it be weather?
Could well be. Parents woke up this morning to discover a substantial part of the back garden was half-way to Falmouth following heavy rain and a high-ish tide
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Could well be. Parents woke up this morning to discover a substantial part of the back garden was half-way to Falmouth following heavy rain and a high-ish tide

It's been like that all week apparently.

Penzance looks a bit dreary today:
http://www.cornwallcam.co.uk/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.