Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What hand luggage do you use?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Mancunian
May I please bump this thread in the hope that someone will have discovered the perfect 56x45x25? (the bump not being unconnected to disintegration of my current wheelie bag).

Having been after one for six months. I'm still amazed that airport baggage shops seem baffled by the concept of "largest capacity bag that complies with the regulations". I would have thought that such a product would be a licence to print money. Perhaps my fortune could be made via '56x45x25s R us" chains at airports

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations?
Well my fellow Manc, that would depend on your budget.

Whilst many on here would suggest a Tumi , I however would direct you over to Costco in Trafford Park. They've a great new line of luggage which you can take back when you're fed up of it . What makes it even more fantastic is that it fits a whole tray of Manchester's finest!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have a 20" Briggs & Riley that just (and I do mean just) fits the gauge. Packing carefully, I can manage a 3 - 4 night trip with gym kit and laptop bag in it.

It does annoy the yellow numpties though because it is a perfect tight squeeze to get into their gauge.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Mancunian
May I please bump this thread in the hope that someone will have discovered the perfect 56x45x25? (the bump not being unconnected to disintegration of my current wheelie bag).

Having been after one for six months. I'm still amazed that airport baggage shops seem baffled by the concept of "largest capacity bag that complies with the regulations". I would have thought that such a product would be a licence to print money. Perhaps my fortune could be made via '56x45x25s R us" chains at airports

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations?
I have a Mandarina Duck 56cm Work Bag, with built in suiter and this fits perfectly into the gauge. It doesn't quite hit the maximum dimensions (Length and Depth are 56cm and 25cm respectively), since it is not as wide as it could potentially be (I think 40cm rather than 45cm)

That said it is a great bag and looks good after several months of use. The only problem I have with it is that if you have a laptop (or laptops as I often carry 2) in the compartment at the front, and the contents of the main bag are not very heavy, the whole bag has a tendency to topple over when left standing freely, this is not a problem when moving around, but can be a little annoying.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 7:12 am

Is there any confirmation that the rest of Europe is adopting the once piece rule from May?
Old Apr 28, 2007, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
On my recent trip to Chicago I purchased this http://samsonite.com/gb/en/local_pro...roduct=D08*355

But in black. It looks very nice and ticked all my criteria boxes.
It cost £125. The Rolling Luggage shop in T4 had it for £150.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 2:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Is weight of hand luggage not an issue now (ie. just size)? BA don't mention it on their website as far as I can see.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 2:23 am

Most recently I have been using this excellent bag, the Tom Binh Aeronauthttp://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/TBP/TB0906. I have found that being without the weight of wheels and hard sided bags has been a great liberation. I realise that some wont like that much.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 12:42 pm

Carry/Wheel-On max bag with laptop case.

Has anyone come across a good maximum carry-on bag which has a built in laptop storage, with easy access (at security)? Preferrably with wheels.

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2007, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tomartinh
Has anyone come across a good maximum carry-on bag which has a built in laptop storage, with easy access (at security)? Preferrably with wheels.

Thanks
The Mandarina Duck Workbag has a large laptop storage pouch on the exterior of the bag, it is large enough to accomodate most laptops with ease. I often fill it with 2 laptops, my own dinky Sony Vaio and a clunky Dell supplied by my largest current client.
Old May 27, 2007, 4:24 am

Which kind of Samsonite Aspire?

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
^ I'm glad to be in such exhaulted company I picked up a Samsonite Aspire in a recent trip to ORD. After much frantic txting back and forth to Jenbel for latest size guidelines, we decided it was likely to be the maximum permitted size for hand baggage, and repeated testing with BAA gauges has confirmed it to be such (tho extracting it from the gauge can be rather challenging at times - putting a steadying foot on the gauge does help...).

Must keep VC10 Boy's packing instructions to hand - tho I think I'd have to head to town first to procure most of said items
I'm looking at the Samsonite catalog, and it looks like there are two different models, one with the spinner wheels and one with more ordinary wheels. The second looks slightly smaller, but who knows if that's just an optical illusion... So which model of Samsonite Aspire does for sure fit through the LHR sizers? TIA for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.