Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What hand luggage do you use?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I have decided on the strength of this post alone to award you Muccihood. Arise Sir VC of 10. Awarded for sheer conceit and being absolutely right. For once.
PUCCI - As a four-time Mucci recipient I understand better than most the value of such an award. While I am delighted that VC10 Boy has recently joined our exclusive ranks (does he know what the initiation ceremony entails?) I feel it my duty to draw one minor detail to your attention.

You advise that 'on the strength of this post alone' a Muccihood goes to VC10 Boy. Are you aware that this so called 'post' is, in fact, a carbon copy of a post originally made by VC10 Boy some 50+ days earlier, on 28 November 2006?

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost?p=6762532

If VC10 Boy can get a Muccihood now for a post from last year then, applying the same logic, Noddy Holder should be getting a knighthood from the Queen every year for Slade's annual rendition of 'So here it is Merry Christmas'!
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:02 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
PUCCI - As a four-time Mucci recipient I understand better than most the value of such an award. While I am delighted that VC10 Boy has recently joined our exclusive ranks (does he know what the initiation ceremony entails?) I feel it my duty to draw one minor detail to your attention.

You advise that 'on the strength of this post alone' a Muccihood goes to VC10 Boy. Are you aware that this so called 'post' is, in fact, a carbon copy of a post originally made by VC10 Boy some 50+ days earlier, on 28 November 2006?

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost?p=6762532

If VC10 Boy can get a Muccihood now for a post from last year then, applying the same logic, Noddy Holder should be getting a knighthood from the Queen every year for Slade's annual rendition of 'So here it is Merry Christmas'!
Phil My Sheik of the Desert Oasis. My Valentino.

How you pour seduction in my ear! Yes you are quite right - but as I had not read that post I did not know. In any event - Muccihood was earned on the strength of that post and for pst services to this Board. He has come a long way in a very short time. What this has to do with Noddy is beyond me - Iwas not aware that hairy creature had a knighthood in the first place.

I am also unwilling to trigger a hissy fit of Elton John proportions if I tried to take it away. Life is far too short.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:10 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
OMG I have a colleague working over here today and he literally came over to see if I was choking or dying instead of laughing. Please excuse me as I pick myself up from the floor.

Last edited by vla; Jan 23, 2007 at 6:12 am Reason: also -- how did I miss the earlier VC-10 Boy post as well??
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Phil My Sheik of the Desert Oasis. My Valentino.

Muccihood was earned on the strength of that post and for pst services to this Board. He has come a long way in a very short time.
PUCCI - My little belly dancer; you're absolutely spot on. VC10 Boy has indeed, to paraphrase your words, come quickly. The BAEC Forum would be the poorer without him. ^
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
As for Phil, well unless the diamond studded undies arrive tomorrow,
sunrisegirl - there appears to have been a mix-up. The undies got mailed to Smirnoff by mistake. Do you think he will notice when he puts them on?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:40 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Gosh I'm blushing.

I also have a warm feeling inside for all you lovely people.

I must try and uphold the high standards that go with Muccidom. I emphasise try, the spirit is certainly willing, but the body has a mind of its own at times
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
sunrisegirl - there appears to have been a mix-up. The undies got mailed to Smirnoff by mistake. Do you think he will notice when he puts them on?
How on earth could you let my undies find their way to Smirnoff??

Hopefully the scratching and stiffness of the diamonds will make him realise something's wrong fairly quickly!
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
PUCCI - My little belly dancer;
GRRRRR - being untrue to me again

Pucci - don't trust him, remember what happened last time.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:59 am

How on earth could you let my undies find their way to Smirnoff??

Hopefully the scratching and stiffness of the diamonds will make him realise something's wrong fairly quickly!
It'll be the only thing that's stiff in his underwear.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by alistaln
Just picked up a Samsonite 750 Series PRO-DLX Luggage Prox Upr. 55 for me. Down from £205 to £143 in the sales
Did you buy this recently? I have been looking at one of these bags and that seems like a very good price. Where did you buy it?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
It'll be the only thing that's stiff in his underwear.
The BA Board has become terribley filthy minded lately ^

As for my handluggage, some cheapo effort from Malaga. 10 euros.

Still it does the job; 25 cartons
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
GRRRRR - being untrue to me again

Pucci - don't trust him, remember what happened last time.
Dearest - I am but a weak willed woman. Even I can be swayed by blandishments but you are so right. He played loose and I dumped him. I have never ever been referred to as a Belly Dancer before but there are times when I am Fay Wray to his King Kong. Come to think of it the resemblance is very striking.

I must warn you of this. Those knickers might be mine. A pair disappeared off the washing line and they match that description. Modesty precluded me from mentioning this before but I feel that I must speak out.

Smirnoff - I want them back please they are far far too small for you.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Dearest - I am but a weak willed woman. Even I can be swayed by blandishments but you are so right. He played loose and I dumped him. I have never ever been referred to as a Belly Dancer before but there are times when I am Fay Wray to his King Kong. Come to think of it the resemblance is very striking.

I must warn you of this. Those knickers might be mine. A pair disappeared off the washing line and they match that description. Modesty precluded me from mentioning this before but I feel that I must speak out.

Smirnoff - I want them back please they are far far too small for you.
Don't swell his ego even further!

Actually Phil was sending a diamond studded bra, though that doesn't stop him being your phantom knicker thief. The things that go on in Surbiton!
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I use a Nomad Convertible 25 which I bought in the sales years ago from Cotswold Outdoor sketchy details of the bag + photo can be found here.
The dimensions are 410mm W x 290mm H x 180mm D and I find it perfect for a quiet weekend away, or as hand luggage for longer trips. I would love to get a 40 and a laptop bag from Nomad in the same style but I can't find anyone who still does them! No wheels but they do convert from a rucksack to a hand bag to an over the shoulder vey easily.

Sadly some baggage handling ****er nicked the leather luggage tag holder that came with it after I stuck it on a checked bag (cos there were no other details on the bag apart from the ones applied at check in, and they suggested it would be safer that way).
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
The BA Board has become terribley filthy minded lately ^
I know, I came to this thread looking for some ideas on luggage , and a chuckle instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.