Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Passenger dies, is strapped in F seat on BA (LHR-BOS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium

It may not have been a great flight for those in F, but it was worse for the guy who died, I'm sure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:43 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
"The airline said there were about a dozen deaths aboard its planes each year - out of a total of 36million passengers." The part about how they blanketed his body, leaving his head exposed was a bit creepy.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:07 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
"The deceased American had been travelling with his wife in the Club Word business class section when he suffered his heart attack about three hours into the six hour flight."

Who wrote the article? the fact that they state "Club World business class" leads me to believe a marketing person did.

RIP for the poor chap.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
"The deceased American had been travelling with his wife in the Club Word business class section when he suffered his heart attack about three hours into the six hour flight."

Who wrote the article? the fact that they state "Club World business class" leads me to believe a marketing person did.

RIP for the poor chap.
Are they referring to World Traveler Plus?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:41 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the BA Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:50 pm

Programs: Too much flying; Lots of hotels
I sort of thought that it was traditional to cover the whole body; leaving the head out is really creepy.

Has anyone heard if the paying customers received any kind of compensation from BA? I would not be a happy camper if I had paid for one of those seats.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632178

Originally Posted by bordeauxboy
Has anyone heard if the paying customers received any kind of compensation from BA? I would not be a happy camper if I had paid for one of those seats.
Ding ding ding! We have the C word already, let's tell 'em what they've won, Bob!
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:08 pm

Programs: nada these days
My favorite part was when the unnamed first-class passenger who gave them the quote paused to mention that the in-flight movie was "Mission: Impossible III." Thank heaven someone remembered to include the most important detail!
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:09 pm

Very very sad story. I actually know the relatives of the man who died. They are truly devastated. One of the family members had emailed me the sad news this morning - and lo and behold, I saw the newspaper story later today here on FT and on Drudge.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:57 pm

They moved him to F because J was full, though that's where he had been travelling
Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by erdehoff
My favorite part was when the unnamed first-class passenger who gave them the quote paused to mention that the in-flight movie was "Mission: Impossible III." Thank heaven someone remembered to include the most important detail!
Just to make sure this thread goes farther astray just got off DFW-LGW and I watched Invincible for those who care (I haven't seen M3 yet but it must be pretty good if the fellow on the the BOS-LHR flight couldn't pull himself away from it). Anyway, back to Invincible - not bad if you understand American football or like Marky Mark. There was a very pretty actress who plays his love interest however I couldn't catch her name at the end because the screens in F on the 777s are so small. By the way, nobody died on my flight that I know of or - at least they didn't pull a double upgrade.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:10 am

that's sad To lose your spouse anywhere is tough, but to do so while flying might just be one of the worst ways.

To the person who asked about comp for the other pax, shame on you.

If I was BA however, I'd refund the wife for both fares in full just out a sign of good will. Allow her to use it for the funeral. Plus good PR for BA.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:16 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by bordeauxboy
Is this some kind of joke?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC, BMIDC
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632178

Ding ding ding! We have the C word already, let's tell 'em what they've won, Bob!
Bang on G-BOAC !, amazing the depths people will plummit for the big "C". I'm sure BA will handle it responsibly.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:39 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Come on boys treat it as a joke crass though it may be. No one would seriously post anything as tasteless and cruel in all seriousness - not at Flyertalk in any rate.

His poor wife - my heart goes out to her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.