Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just viewed EuoTraveller on ExpertFlyer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AN_Boy
I'm happy to pay under £200 for CE return. Most of mine of late have actgually been closer to £150 inc.

For me - Getting an AC seat means my partner & I don't have to have anyone next to us, we get better catering than the crap they are dishing out ex LGW these days... oh and some champers.... It also helps to ensure I don't loose my QF gold!
I would pay a bit extra , but not much. GBP200 for a CE return to Amsterdam I would not cough up for . GBP200 for a r/t to TFS , I would happily pay. I have found that , unless a flight is full, booking the AC or DF for 2 people in economy is likely to end up with an empty middle seat anywayt

Are you concerned about loosing the QF gold or losing it?

Dave
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would pay a bit extra , but not much. GBP200 for a CE return to Amsterdam I would not cough up for . GBP200 for a r/t to TFS , I would happily pay. I have found that , unless a flight is full, booking the AC or DF for 2 people in economy is likely to end up with an empty middle seat anywayt

Are you concerned about loosing the QF gold or losing it?

Dave
Now now.. lets not get into spelling... (see above anywayt)

But yes I agree...200 to AMS is a rip off.. but my recent flights were kef & vno, both over 2.5 hrs and got them for about £150

As for getting AC in Y on BA shorthaul.. I've yet to see a lightly loaded flight this year Not saying it doesn't happen, but not on the flights I've been on recently.

Last edited by ANstar; Dec 3, 2006 at 3:57 pm Reason: punctuation
Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Which leads to an interesting proposition: Golds/Silvers all pre-assign the first few rows behind row 8, nice and dandy. Then come OLCI, they fix the curtain at row 4 anyway and suddenly rows 4-8 are open to everyone in ET...the best seats will then be nabbed by Blues because the (less clued up) Silver/Golds think they've already got a seat and don't try to OLCI to change it! The scramble for the 'first two AC seats in ET' will remain!
As a Gold who flies a lot in ET, I've found that BA have been quite good to me - when OLCI opens up, I'm often in the magic A&C seats. Now I assume that I'll just have to do the T-24 race for the best seats along with whomever of the great unwashed is also trying. Maybe I've been spoiled, but I'm now never satisfied in any ET seat other than the two in CE config - I don't give a monkey's about being able to preassign a seat a few rows back from that so this is a backwards step for me.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AN_Boy
Now now.. lets not get into spelling... (see above anywayt)
Yup. I indeed added an incorrect character I don't comment on most spelling issues, just that there seems to be an epidemic on FT these days of "loose" rather than "lose" , plus extra special words like "loosing"

Dave
Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
Just looked at the Y map for a flight I'm booked on in April. Rows 4-8 and 10-11 (EE) - all blocked. Six seats appear to be pre-assigned in rows 24 & 25 - hope two of those are not mine.

Will I prefer the first row AC, if you can't get the EE either, what's the point of pre-assigning.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Well just made a booking and went in. As expected the front rows are indeed blocked -- even if you are Gold :-(

So not much point to all of this really.

Oh and just checked another booking and the bloody seat shifters are still hard at work!!
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Oh and just checked another booking and the bloody seat shifters are still hard at work!!
It seems they are doing overtime, they've now discovered my HEL-LHR booking (on a 757) and moved me from 4A to 5A in a CE cabin with only one reserved seat...

And what is the point of all this if from tomorrow they will unblock all CE seats anyway
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghh!!!!!

What is it with these w@nkers???

OK, shifted yesterday (or at some point) from 2AC to 1DE.

Try to move back. Can't.

Call up Gold line. They can't get us back into 2AC, but can put us in 3AC and says will put note to the seat shifters to shift us back (whom I bet have memorised 'Computer says noooo! *Cough* ' from Little Britian).

Check again and we're back to 1DE!!!

I can't stand it!
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:34 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Hi LHR Tim,

I also had this happen on an ex LGW flight... am in 3AC was in 2 A, then put in 2F.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Well called again and they can't move us to any free seats.

The mind boggles.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:41 am

Just booked into a flight in Euro Traveler. The ET seatmap now shows up on checkmytrip.com, revealing my bad seats (behind the buffer zone). As I wrote earlier, this is a real backwards step for me, as it doesn't look like I'll get the good seats unless I do it myself at T-24.

However, there seems to be a glitch in the seatmaps. The outbound leg is showing the front row (row 9) seats including the A&C as available, with the rows immediately behind being blocked (they are exit rows on the A320). The return leg on an A319 shows the first three rows of ET (10-12) as blocked as expected. Odd.

Of course, MMB doesn't offer me a 'change my seat' link to test out whether I can assign 9A on the outbound. This might be because my flight hasn't been ticketed yet, or more likely due to this or another glitch.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Just seen CW above wing

I've just been on to check our LHR to SFO flight next year, 3rd Oct Mrs DMF's birthday and off for fleet week, to see if all the seats on the upper deck have opened up (not yet) but CW is showing as rows 17 to 20 on the lower deck.
Will check back tomorrow to see if I can change seats, on the upper deck of course

DeadManFlying
Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Cargo Cult
Of course, MMB doesn't offer me a 'change my seat' link to test out whether I can assign 9A on the outbound. This might be because my flight hasn't been ticketed yet, or more likely due to this or another glitch.
Interestingly, this morning, MMB offers me a "Seating" link, and the front row of ET does appear in the seatmap (it is close to the flight date so maybe the curtain location has been flagged as finalised?). However when I try and select 9A, I get:

"Sorry, we are unable to confirm your seat request(s) at this time. Please try again later or check in at the earliest opportunity in order to choose the best available seat(s)"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.