Just viewed EuoTraveller on ExpertFlyer

Old Dec 3, 06, 12:31 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Posts: 6,070
Just viewed EuoTraveller on ExpertFlyer

Just checking out some flights to Nice for half term. Was on Expertflyer and when checking out the J seat map, thought I'd see about Y (not that I'd want to fly in Y, with LGW I-fares). Guess what? I could see the Y seat map!

So I guess a possible positive thing out of the seating policy change.

The flight was looking at currently only has three rows of J and ExpertFlyer shows Y rows 4-8 as blocked rows. So will these now be blocked for Golds?

Last edited by LHR Tim; Dec 3, 06 at 12:37 pm
LHR Tim is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 12:34 pm
  #2  
jhm
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London
Posts: 2,807
Originally Posted by LHR Tim View Post
Just checking out some flights to Nice ... thought I'd see about Y (not that I'd wanr to fly in Y, with LGW I-fares)
NCE you say ? Some chavs around here might disagree with you but not me!
jhm is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 12:36 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTG + Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 12,695
Interesting. I would assume 4-8 are the 'buffer zone' BA Nick mentioned on the other thread which will allow people to pre-assign ET now and still allow them to move the curtain.

Which leads to an interesting proposition: Golds/Silvers all pre-assign the first few rows behind row 8, nice and dandy. Then come OLCI, they fix the curtain at row 4 anyway and suddenly rows 4-8 are open to everyone in ET...the best seats will then be nabbed by Blues because the (less clued up) Silver/Golds think they've already got a seat and don't try to OLCI to change it! The scramble for the 'first two AC seats in ET' will remain!
G-BOAC is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 12:40 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Posts: 6,070
Intersting.

1. Not showing up on Expedia.com seating previews yet.

2. Checked a collegues flight to VIE this week. No maps for the 5th. But return on 10th is showing.
LHR Tim is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 12:51 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cardiff, UK
Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Posts: 5,278
Well this is very interesting and did make me wonder what would happen with ET as I didn't want to wade through pages of debate on that new seating changes thread.

If ET is super cheap for a particular flight in question, and as Gold, it does make me wonder if flying ex-LGW and I don't need the Tier Points why I would book Club Europe from the outset.

I must admit those are words I never thought I would utter. I think i will try 'risking' it for my next flight ex-LGW. It's not as if I am going to get nil miles either as a Gold, especially on flights to Spain where the distance will help with the basic mileage calculation.

Sure I'll stop by a desk and ask if CE is available for 50, if not I will stick with what I had pre-assigned which invariably I would imagine would be near the front anyway.
flyclub is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 12:55 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Posts: 1,502
Are previous ET bookings etc going to allow requests in MMB? Lots of people keep talking about their's opening up but none of my bookings in any class have shown anything extra!

Kind Regards,

tom139
tom139 is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 1:01 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,906
Originally Posted by flyclub View Post
If ET is super cheap for a particular flight in question, and as Gold, it does make me wonder if flying ex-LGW and I don't need the Tier Points why I would book Club Europe from the outset.

I must admit those are words I never thought I would utter. I think i will try 'risking' it for my next flight ex-LGW. It's not as if I am going to get nil miles either as a Gold, especially on flights to Spain where the distance will help with the basic mileage calculation.


Has:
  • Hell frozen over?
  • a months of Sundays occurred?
  • someone discovered that pigs can fly?
  • the moon turned blue?

We demand answers!
Shuttle-Bored is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 1:07 pm
  #8  
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Asia
Programs: Yes!
Posts: 15,462
Originally Posted by flyclub View Post
Well this is very interesting and did make me wonder what would happen with ET as I didn't want to wade through pages of debate on that new seating changes thread.

If ET is super cheap for a particular flight in question, and as Gold, it does make me wonder if flying ex-LGW and I don't need the Tier Points why I would book Club Europe from the outset.

I must admit those are words I never thought I would utter. I think i will try 'risking' it for my next flight ex-LGW. It's not as if I am going to get nil miles either as a Gold, especially on flights to Spain where the distance will help with the basic mileage calculation.

Sure I'll stop by a desk and ask if CE is available for 50, if not I will stick with what I had pre-assigned which invariably I would imagine would be near the front anyway.
Gawd almighty, the unthinkable has finally happened!
AJLondon is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 1:09 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cardiff, UK
Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Posts: 5,278
Originally Posted by tom139 View Post
Are previous ET bookings etc going to allow requests in MMB? Lots of people keep talking about their's opening up but none of my bookings in any class have shown anything extra!

Kind Regards,

tom139
Maybe we all need to try from the 5th Dec or even 6th Dec judging by BA's timescales aka NNCW website...

Shuttle-BoredI think the word is 'dilution' of my trips - it all depends how much ET is and whether I am ex-LGW or not.

What with no Zone R from LGW, and this 50 for someone who really doesn't need the Tier points....etc,etc.
flyclub is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 1:17 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Posts: 6,070
I've just checked my corporate web booking siite. It does now show the y seat maps. Strangely, it has AC DEF blocked for rows 5-8 9 (row 4 is completely blocked) but the B seat available? It must not be picking up my Gold status.

Also, the last three rows are flagged as premium???
LHR Tim is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 1:58 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cardiff, UK
Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Posts: 5,278
Originally Posted by LHR Tim View Post
I've just checked my corporate web booking siite. It does now show the y seat maps. Strangely, it has AC DEF blocked for rows 5-8 9 (row 4 is completely blocked) but the B seat available? It must not be picking up my Gold status.
It would make sense that these rows you speak of are the buffer zone for Club Europe....i.e: The curtain most likely will land in anyone of those rows. Therefore if pre-seating is prevented the Gold's etc won't have to be bumped elsewhere in the cabin.

So logically the best strategy would be to pre-assign as close to the front as possible then alter upon opening of OLCI.
flyclub is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 2:05 pm
  #12  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 40,184
Originally Posted by flyclub View Post
If ET is super cheap for a particular flight in question, and as Gold, it does make me wonder if flying ex-LGW and I don't need the Tier Points why I would book Club Europe from the outset.

I must admit those are words I never thought I would utter. I think i will try 'risking' it for my next flight ex-LGW. It's not as if I am going to get nil miles either as a Gold, especially on flights to Spain where the distance will help with the basic mileage calculation.

I have never felt it worth paying for CE over ET. Can get the same seat pitch in economy as business with a slightly narrower seat which doesn't bother me. Not prepared to pay much for having a better meal on what is typically a short flight. Crediting to QF, I still get the discount economy Status Credits for the flight

Dave
Dave Noble is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 2:48 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cardiff, UK
Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Posts: 5,278
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
I have never felt it worth paying for CE over ET. Can get the same seat pitch in economy as business with a slightly narrower seat which doesn't bother me. Not prepared to pay much for having a better meal on what is typically a short flight. Crediting to QF, I still get the discount economy Status Credits for the flight

Dave
With respect, I wouldn't go that far, however I do think with a few careful decisions ex-LGW those Gold card holders amongst us can now make them work for us a little more than of late.
flyclub is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 3:13 pm
  #14  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 40,184
Originally Posted by flyclub View Post
With respect, I wouldn't go that far, however I do think with a few careful decisions ex-LGW those Gold card holders amongst us can now make them work for us a little more than of late.
I dunno. For those with lounge access and priority check in already, then I don't see that CE provides much more than ET does. For those without any status, then there are some additional benefits over the slightly wider seat and better service, but having OW Emerald, I can't see a benefit to me for paying extra for CE unless desperate for SCs

Dave
Dave Noble is offline  
Old Dec 3, 06, 4:24 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: London
Programs: BA
Posts: 2,375
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
I dunno. For those with lounge access and priority check in already, then I don't see that CE provides much more than ET does. For those without any status, then there are some additional benefits over the slightly wider seat and better service, but having OW Emerald, I can't see a benefit to me for paying extra for CE unless desperate for SCs

Dave
I'm happy to pay under 200 for CE return. Most of mine of late have actgually been closer to 150 inc.

For me - Getting an AC seat means my partner & I don't have to have anyone next to us, we get better catering than the crap they are dishing out ex LGW these days... oh and some champers.... It also helps to ensure I don't loose my QF gold!
ANstar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread