Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT - Chaos in Spain - Baggage Strike - No checked luggage allowed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT - Chaos in Spain - Baggage Strike - No checked luggage allowed!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Angry OT - Chaos in Spain - Baggage Strike - No checked luggage allowed!

Not sure how widespread this has been across Spanish airports, but baggage handlers in at least Girona, Granada, Jerez and Seville have striked.

Its been absolute murder today. No checked baggage allowed on the aircraft whatsoever.

Only hand luggage allowed. Passengers are having to leave their cases in the airports and fit as much as they can (10kg) into bin liners to take on the plane - or take refund - or next available flight!

To make it worse, flight to LPL diverted to MAN in addition to being 80minutes late.

The crafty f@*#%n crew knew full well we were being diverted to MAN but didnt tell us until 20mins before arriving in MAN - same story with the GRX flight - sly b@st@rds!

Need I say more....Ryanair!

I wouldnt mind, I said to my colleague in a bar this afternoon that "touch wood, I've never had any trouble such as being stranded/diverted etc. with FR as yet" Little did I know!
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:30 am

There's no report of this on any newswire I have access to? Are you sure you haven't been spun a Ryanair lie and they decided to save a few euros by leaving your luggage in GRX?
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:36 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
No, this is in the papers today. Seems like this is potentially Eurowide. They are obviously rejoicing in the luxury of working for such a benfactorial employer as Ryanair. I would not be surprised to learn that the Aer Lingus staff have a hand inthis.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Hmmm, AY's cabin crew are meant to be on strike today too - not checked yet if it happened since I got the last flight home yesterday
Old Oct 19, 2006, 3:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I'm shocked - weren't we assured that Spanish people never struck, that that was only a British thing which clearly proved our inferiority? Maybe cultural differences are not as great as we were told

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.